Check out this lot. http://www.landmarkharcourts.com.au/ClearingSales/View/386

I'd like one of the Austin utes. And the falcon. And the beetle

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Barn Find

Hi Lakeland-good to see you taking a short break from the

campaign trail to post on here.

I admire your knowledge of motoring history.

Hope Viewmont finds this thread-he is a classic.

Colic--have tears in my eyes thinking about those splinters.

Great thread Pimpy -hope it keeps going.................Richo.

Message 31 of 53
Latest reply

wouldn't an army outfit more likely be a M20 BSA ? 600cc sidevalve single, all torque. .

or a WLA harley outfit, these were common once 750 flathead (sidevalve) V twin. reverse gear too.

Yes agreed, they already have a BSA, ...the brief is

....Anything that could be mocked up as war issue as long as it has a sidecar.There is a pic of a local who was a despatch rider at the museum during WW2 on a Norton hence the preference

The intent is to use it in  parades, field days and displays under club rego. The Jeeps, Landies and Blitz are used at Local Anzac parades to carry those veterans that would find it hard to march the distance.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 33 of 53
Latest reply

: one of those XL(?)350's that Honda made would mock-up OK, its a vertical single so the engine would look close as you could get for a reasonable outlay. everything else is worth too much that i can think of.. i've seen a home-made chair with a leaf spring from a fiat topolino used, and some heavy pipe. the dusting style chair was made out of marine ply with a solid timber bottom bolted to the mounts he'd welded on. i think the fuel tank , seat and side covers would need replacing with more sympathetic period style items, and the front guard (mounted at the right height) i'd also put gaiters on the forks and drop the bike at the front a bit by loosening the triple trees and forcing the stanchions up an inch or so will lower the front.. heaps of olive drab and it would look passable to the crowd, as you know nobody else will be fooled though.Robot LOL

PS i think it also needs a headlight/nacelle and tail light,  some trailer light might do the tail light job.

Message 34 of 53
Latest reply

Image0428.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 35 of 53
Latest reply

Image0435.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 36 of 53
Latest reply

debbo.jpg

Message 37 of 53
Latest reply

^^^^^^ Eric,??? Black lightning and Alan.... a winning classy trio ^^^^^

Message 38 of 53
Latest reply

Da daa the mueum comittee are getting a call today search

1942 BSA WM20 & DUSTING SIDECAR

Hopefully the comittee will form a scrum and attack ... I think it is a little overpriced........ around 10 to 11 and it loooooks good.....

I wonder whether it will handle a road trip home East across the Nullarbor??? and whether my rrrs will take it

... from the listing a little censored

With the chair connected, she's no racer! However, she will go for hours if your rrrs will last. Smiley LOL

Message 39 of 53
Latest reply

Thats the ticket , flat out without the chair 60mph. thats a long Nullabor trip. they have a lot of grunt down low though.

Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 53
Latest reply