Bought a motorbike on ebay..sight unseen..... and it was stolen from the delivery truck

pre delivery

Where do I stand?

is not me but it is not hypothetical but a friend of a friend.... handy I know Smiley Tongue

...anyways "Baggy" told me about it Saturday night and I had forgotten about it.

Reading the stolen car thread jogged my memory and I thought I would post about the incident.

I offered and told him to tell "Humpy" to send me some details. If he wants me to have a fish about

cause something just smells suss with the whole scenario.

Hopefully I will get an item title or listing number  today or tomorrow

Only info I have is that it all happened within the last week and half or so... "Humpy' bought a motorbike from

Melbourne off an ebay seller sight unseen for $10.5k....(what a goose)... Not sure how he paid or whether he or the

seller arranged the transport from Melb to Sydney.

But I do know that at least three bikes was being transported from different sellers (not sure if they were all ebay sellers

though) and two got stolen from the delivery truck.

Not sure of location of the truck when they were knocked off either

I guess the delivery trucks owner/insurance dependant on the contract and duty of care is responsible for the bike?

Anyways whether it's a scam or just plain unlucky I will keep the thread updated if "Humpy' gives me some more

details.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Bought a motorbike on ebay..sight unseen..... and it was stolen from the delivery truck

Geez Colic.......a mystery unfolds.

Post more info when you check it out......................Richo.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

What a numpty. He is now in possesion of stolen goods and can be charged for that. Ignoranrce is not an excuse even in this case. Buying such an item sight unseen is asking for trouble from day one. IMO your "friend" is getting everything he deserves.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The bike was apparently stolen before he took possession of the thing while it was being delivered to him, so how can he be in possession of stolen goods when he doesn't even have the bike, and never did?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

Ignoranrce is not an excuse even in this case.

Yeah, maybe you should take your advice, enough said! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

i would think that wheater the bike was stolen destroyed or even existed is beside the point .he didn't recieve bike and should claim a full refund for item not recieved

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

i would think that wheather the bike was stolen destroyed or even existed is beside the point .he didn't recieve bike and should claim a full refund for item not recieved

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply