Hilux 2012 has 83...kms Australia Royal Air Force

sap2809
Community Member
THIS IS A SCAM

I’m very sad that I found this out a bit too late. I paid the money supposedly to eBay Motors but for a delivery of a Hilux 2012 that never arrived.
She said she’s a medical officer for the Royal Australian Air Force and she’s getting deployment soon. The truck was awarded to her after her divorce but she wants to give the money to her mum who is looking after her children.
The conversation between was very much active I mean replies very quickly to my emails as well as the so called eBay Motors. But after I paid up I kept messaging both her and eBay Motors but to no avail 😥
These people have the gut to do this...well I hope they loose everything or even worse.

VF
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Pity you didn't ask here first................everyone here knows, anything about shipping a vehicle is a scam.

Only way to buy large items online, get the address, inspect, all ok then buy if you can take it home immediately.

Try this - https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/report

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

This is the thread directly before yours -

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Motors/Is-this-a-scam/m-p/2367456#M1401

And the one before that was related as well.

As kopes said, if it seems to be too good to be true, it is.

Caveat emptor.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

She is also scamming people with this same item advertised on Facebook Marketplace under the name of Mathias Almeida (this person lives in South America, according to their profile), stating this ute is being sold for her sister who is "Royal Australian Air Force Tanya Camden". 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

She just got us for 2010 roadstar Daintree with exactly the same storyline even got delivery date
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

laffli2
Community Member
Tanya Camden -at RAAF- is currently selling (at least trying to) on marketplace and ebay, a 2010 caravan for 6100AUD. In excellent condition as per pictures provided.
Watch out. Don't fall for that SCAM!
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

We did
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

sap2809
Community Member
Yeah it really sucks but then your bank cannot at all try and recover the money...I mean it was a transfer to another Australian bank but they won’t do anything...they just said they won’t be able to blah blah blah 😒
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I'm so glad I saw this before I sent any money for the Daintree caravan. The ad is currently on facebook marketplace. How do I warn people who read it?? The saying is true if it's to good to be true then it probably is 😉
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

This was my email 👍

Good Morning,

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the caravan was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($6,100) because I want to sell it before March 23th ideally.
I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.

Now, a few words about this 2010 Roadstar Daintree 21ft long , 20ft living space. Comes with 12 months reg and can be transferred upon sale. In perfect working condition - like new! Island queen bed, roof mount aircon / heater, Dometic awning ( like new ), Decent size couch area ( converts to bed), Microwave ,Stove/ grill 3 gas , 1 12v,240v burner , 250w solar panel,Victron Solar controller - All utensils included - Plates and cups included
Owned by a non-smoking family with no pets, the interior is always clean and tidy.
If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title.

Tare- 2020
Atm 22420
Gtm- 2160

Let me know if you have any questions.

Royal Australian Air Force Tanya Camden
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply