How does one go about reporting an item to ebay that is known to be fake, and getting a result?

Hello everyone. As my subject line says, how does one go about reporting an item to ebay that is known to be fake, and getting a result?

Item number 252200760742, which is for a John Deere tractor, has been advertised a few times now and by different sellers. Each time the item is listed with a different location (in Australia), the seller has zero feedback and had been an ebay member for less that a week when the ad first appears. As suspect as that is in and of itself, it's not conclusive proof of a scam. However, the same item (complete with the same photos and item description) has recently been advertised for sale on a local on line site in Atlana, Georgia USA while the ad appearing here lists the location as Lennox Head NSW.

http://www.adsinusa.com/c/5260/5260r2722.htm

This is just _waiting_ for some unsuspecting buyer to get ripped off, yet ebay seems keen to do nothing about it. I have reported the ad on three separate occasions where I have mentioned that I suspect the ad is fraudulent, but because of ebay's appallingly vague reporting system that doesn't allow you to leave any specific comments nor give the reporter any kind of feedback at all I have no idea if anyone at ebay has so much as looked at this.

So, I ask. Is there a solution to such problems, or is ebay's management of it's own site so horrendously bad that stuff like this is just allowed to flow through without any care for who it might affect?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Darren.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How does one go about reporting an item to ebay that is known to be fake, and getting a result?

disappointed, i found a seller selling fake products like LULULEMON clothings and they have like 7-15 bids going on, but reported on a chat with the ebay personal, they say they couldnt do anything unless the person who buys it think that its fake, they can report. what is this?! so **bleep**. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How does one go about reporting an item to ebay that is known to be fake, and getting a result?

That is correct....ebay will not remove a listing on the sayso of another member.  They require proof that it is fake and you cannot have proof if you have not even seen the item except on a computer screen.

They will however remove a listing if the rights holder asks them to.

If you are convinced that the item is a fake you should contact the manufacturer/importer/agent and leave it to them to contact ebay.

It would be too easy for an unscrupulous seller to get rid of their opposition by reporting everything as fake so ebay will not take notice of just anybody.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply