Interstate car carriers

cq_tech
Community Member

Does anybody have a rough idea what it would cost to have a medium-sized vehicle transported from Sydney to Brisbane (door to door). Some of the prices I've been quoted seem to be pretty damn outrageous IMO and I'd probably be far better off driving it back myself.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Interstate car carriers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Hae you tried the uship site?  You can do comparisons between various companies.

The only company that I know is CEVA but they do depot to depot....about $350 I believe from Sydney to Brisbane.

I suppose you have used your friend Google?   Quite a few companies came up with online quotes.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks, Lyn. Yes, I did try google but most of the prices were up around the $800-$1000 mark and I know for a fact that some carriers charge as little as $300 or $400, yet I'll be damned if I can find any of those ones. There was a fellow who advertised on eBay some time ago and his prices were very reasonable but I've been unable to find him. Maybe if I try again during daylight I might get somewhere...
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Check out CEVA again.   The online quotes are for depot to depot but you may find you can get a quote for door to door if you speak to someone.

I do know that they were responsible for the international shipping of some motor bikes worth squillions....my daughter spent a whole weekend with her ear glued to her phone baby sitting the bikes every step of the way from Victoria (?) to when they disappeared into Port Botany.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Apparently there is a lot of additional stuff to be sorted and packed so it's looking like I may have no choice other than flying to Sydney so I can sort out everything that needs sorting, then driving back to Brisbane. It's a royal pita but it will certainly be the least expensive option given the current circumstances.

Incidentally I had a BMW R100RS transported from Cairns to Brisbane about 4 years ago and I thought that the $350 they charged for their trouble was not cheap, but neither was it excessive and I'd expect a car to cost quite a lot more, so perhaps around $800 is not as bad as I'd first imagined. Never mind, I'll have a better idea come Monday.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

the smaller companies that base themselves in the middle between Sydney and Brisvegas usually give me the best rates.

If you are not in a real hurry ask for the backload rate

try max in the middle at Kempsey

http://www.andrewscarcarriers.com.au/

backloading.com Australia if you can wait

http://www.backloadingaustralia.com.au/?gclid=CN3TwZK2mscCFUQJvAodeFIH7A

Grafton in the middle

https://plus.google.com/118018578170199387312/about?gl=au&hl=en

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Colic, I'll check out those carriers over the next couple of days should I still need them.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply