Items listed in inappropriate sections.

1earl1
Community Member

I get really sick of seeing unrelated items listed for sale in a section because seller has intentionally added a word to description so it shows up in a search of multiple catergories! What can ebay do about this? It is annoying and time wasting and a real turnoff for ebay!. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Items listed in inappropriate sections.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/keyword-spam.html

i know it can be infuriating. The best I have to offer is that you  can report any listing for keyword spamming if you believe it breaches the policy. Link to the policy above

ebay motors keyword spamming criteria also includes

Category Guidelines

All words used to describe an item, whether in the title or description of the item page or any other way that may be found using Search, must be strictly related to the item being listed and adhere to the guidelines below.

Motors: With vehicular compatible items (such as Xenon headlights for an automobile), sellers may include compatible brands/products in the title, provided the title still accurately describes what is being listed. In the same scenario, reference to 25 compatible brands/products may be included in the description.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply