Rusty iron rally 2013

This year the rally featured a Stanley steamer and a 1968 built rail car billed as Australia's first Cackle car running 90% nitro and producing between 2000 and 2500 hp. I took a start up video.... I was about 5 feet away from the pipes... the sound wave was physically shaking my chest and rumbling the ground..... talk about cackle.... Banshee alert

Image0964.jpg

392 Chrysler Hemi

Image0965.jpg

I know Morrie Carlton quite well. a very quiet and unassuming guy he fixes stereos ....... I couldn't believe that he piloted this car in the 70's

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Rusty iron rally 2013

wrc2013 076.JPGafternoon pTheyasses were all a little hazywrc2013 077.JPGthey tried to keep us out of the VIP area...to no avail.... like a bad smell we came back

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 61 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

wrc2013 090.JPG

So...once we had had enough dutch courage we just started standing on the raceline...european style...had these crazy VIP

europeans with fog horns who came over to assimilate with the plebs and had worn out their welcome in the VIP bit

.... A mate suggested to them that

"one more toot on that horn mate and you wont need to carry it home but you will  need to open your mouth for anybody to

bloody hear it......" Smiley Indifferent

wrc2013 087.JPG

Message 62 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

wrc2013 088.JPGDigger dutifully protected the grog from the marauding europeans

wrc2013 080.JPG

Message 63 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

wrc2013 081.JPGI was standing about a foot from the inside tyre race line... at best I felt vulnerable...

Message 64 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

WRC Richards Road.jpg5 minutes after I moved......and this guy "angle parked" behind the spot next to the bridge  the press photographers and I were standing

wrc2013 082.JPGby late afternoon my nerves and reflexes were absolutely stuffed... and I was feeling a little 'tired and emotional;"

Message 65 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Meeke looks a little shaken up after his Simpsons Ridge rollover.... 6 times over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKOIb3ptWc#t=15

more videos here

http://www.rallyaustralia.com.au/latest-videos/

Message 66 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

great stuff dave. that area looks like a bit of paradise.. and the pics tell the story of where all the datsun 1600's went.

i saw some coverage on TV too, it was decent of loeb to let someone else win a title i thought , have you seen his run up Pikes Peak ?

the yanks will be chasing his time for years to come..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

Message 67 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

btw, love the dog.

Message 68 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Hi LL--thanks again for the pics Dave-----big weekend for you.

Love the dog minding the grog--you need an esky-lol.

More watchers now............................................Richo.

Message 69 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Awesome LL..  he is the best, check out his speedo on fullscreen from 2.40 to 3.10 or so... 0 to 100 km in under 2 seconds,

top speed around 250 kms per hour. 258?

Seb is giving his countryman the ultimate challenge.... Home WRC... title at stake Loeb nothing to lose... Ogier everything to gain...

Loeb vs Ogier all tarmac... Loeb first ...daylight second

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130915/WRC/130919887

Dog looks good...breeding not so good.... Staffie cross Kelpie ... training toys are rideon mower tyres as they are the only thing he

does not   takes a while to tear up... proved on Saturday  he has the initial acceleration of a WRC car though when he got off the

chain mid race...doh

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 70 of 74
Latest reply