Rusty iron rally 2013

This year the rally featured a Stanley steamer and a 1968 built rail car billed as Australia's first Cackle car running 90% nitro and producing between 2000 and 2500 hp. I took a start up video.... I was about 5 feet away from the pipes... the sound wave was physically shaking my chest and rumbling the ground..... talk about cackle.... Banshee alert

Image0964.jpg

392 Chrysler Hemi

Image0965.jpg

I know Morrie Carlton quite well. a very quiet and unassuming guy he fixes stereos ....... I couldn't believe that he piloted this car in the 70's

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: Rusty iron rally 2013

..stupid log in system I like to stay on one id once I start posting on a thread but the log in system has other ideas..... apparently.

The secret to the eskyless foray is to knock a heap down before they get hot Richo...  so by the time they do get hot

....... you couldn't care less.... a queenslander taught me the ploy

The handbrake had her fancy grog chilled and got lost in the bush going up the hill... (a massive 300 metre walk through the

bush) so that's what chilled grog can do to you.

Had to go back to the road and walk up the hill that way...lmao......Has spent 2 days swollen up from 4 ticks she got while she was on bivouac

... me and the kids sent out the search party when we realized she was missing after we sat at the dinner table at 6 oclock for 3

minutes and there was no food on it.

The chat is Coffs Harbour has won the WRC for the next 4 years.......woooooohooooo...... Will know in a week or so. I am waiting

on some video emails a mate had a fancy tablet down there and got some awesome footage from around the second bridge

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 71 of 74
Latest reply

Dave----LOL-you noticed the missus was missing after sitting at the table

and no food appeared-ROFL---made my day-good onya ..Richo.

Message 72 of 74
Latest reply

Great pictures, thankyou for sharing.

A few years ago we had the WRC at mur-bah. It co-incided with the Speed On The Tweed street racing. The greenies kicked up a stink about the rally cars, reckoned they'd scare the poor little fruitbats or something or other so it got moved down your way.

Love the rusty iron pics, I'll have to put that on my calender for next year. I have a soft spot for those old lanz bulldogs.

Message 73 of 74
Latest reply

yeah I had a laugh at that one too Richo!!

thanks for the photos Dave, great!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 74 of 74
Latest reply