So I just got ripped off by a seller who sent the wrong parts. He's refused to refund.Ebay agreed

I purchased some reinforced brake hoses.

The seller sent the wrong hoses. He refused to refund. Ebay seems to agree?

What is going on?

Where's the buyer protection? 

I'm disgusted with the service.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

So I just got ripped off by a seller who sent the wrong parts. He's refused to refund.Ebay agreed

I have no idea as ebay side with the buyer 99.9% of times no matter what

I take it you opened a formal dispute ?

Did you pay with paypal and if so, did you try opening a dispute there?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you open a dispute for Item Not As Described? 

If you did so, why had ebay said you are not elligible for a refund?

If you paid with paypal you can always open a dispute in paypal....you have 6 months from the date of the sale to do this.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

OP has stated the seller sent the wrong hoses and refused to refund well why would the seller refund lol

OP has to return the wrong hoses first before a refund can be issued,you can't just demand a refund and not return the wrong item.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I never said the seller should refund without return.

I asked if a dispute had been opened.   I would assume the dispute process would ask the buyer to return the items before the refund was actioned.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I know lyndal and I'm sorry as I just replied to the post above me and it just happened to be you,please for give me.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

No worries.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I'm the buyer and they sided with the seller??? 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I have now opened a Paypal dispute but have heard nothing??? 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

He just disputed they were the wrong hoses and blocked communication. Very dishonest. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply