Charged an ad fee in error

Hi all, I'm quite new and haven't had any problems till now. I have just been charged my first fee that looks wrong. It's an ad fee which I did not ask for the item to be promoted. How can I check this? It was one of my first items listed so I really don't know how to check if this is my error. Small amount, but not worth selling if you lose your profit in fees.. thanks!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for that detailed response , I appreciate it. I must have sold this one via a promoted listing without realising. None of my active items are prompted so I know itโ€™s all good now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

did you have ANY promoted listings at the time?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

None, I see the prompt after adding each listing, and always say no. I should see somewhere in the listing itโ€™s being promoted, shouldnโ€™t I? I donโ€™t know what prompted listings look like, I should take another look at my active items just in case 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

When you go to your active listings, there will be a number of filters across the top.

One will be,   "Promoted listings -  Eligible"

and if you have promoted items, there will be one,  "Promoted Listings - Promoted"

Note: this will show for active listings.

As for your sold item, if you go to  your Orders Tab and select the relevant order, if the item was sold via a promotion, then underneath the listing Title, in green text, it will state  "Sold via Promoted Listings"

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for that detailed response , I appreciate it. I must have sold this one via a promoted listing without realising. None of my active items are prompted so I know itโ€™s all good now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

To look deeper.    Click on the order number.

On the Right side, below  Order Earnings,  click on  See More Details.

You will see 2 charges,   to the very far right  of the add fee charge, under details  click  view.

Now,  to the far right of the  Total Add Fee  There will be a $ Value  and a drop down arrow,

click the drop down arrow   and you will  see   "Promoted Listings Standard"

Seller - Selected Add Rate.............% etc..

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply