Selling big brand reseller problems

Hi there,
It seems to sell big brands when your a new guy starting out, good luck. As you have to be an authorised seller(loads of roadblocks). I don’t wanna sell second hand big brand items.

It seems to sell stuff in bulk on eBay, you can only basically sell average no name stuff from
China or no name private labels, unless you an authorised reseller for a big brand..

Can people on eBay really make money selling no name yoga mats/no name underwear, as opposed to brand name like yoga mats or brand name clothing.. I wanna play with the big boys and be a reseller selling brand new big name brand items that I purchased from wholesalers to big brands. But it seems if you wanna sell brand new stock then you gotta accept you will just be selling cheap **bleep** from China and other no name brands. And with shipping costs, the margins are small.

Even buying from factory direct big name brands warehouses, you would still have to be a reseller to those brand names(factory direct shops often have fake stuff to unfortunately).
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If your not an authorised seller, then you can not offer warranty and therefore can not expect to sell

big brand items for anywhere near retail price

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

perhaps a lesson learnt the hard way?

Possibly a very expensive lesson too. One should do research before outlaying money.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you wanna be a big boy, do some research.

Of course you can't sell 'big brands' if you're not an authorised reseller. The brand is the one that has to honour any warranty, and would need a lot more reason than 'wanna' to authorise you.

Just because you want to sell their products doesn't mean they would be interested in selling to you for on-sale.

I'm betting you intend dropshipping, too.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

If your not an authorised seller, then you can not offer warranty and therefore can not expect to sell

big brand items for anywhere near retail price

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

So you're going to try selling in one of the most overloaded categories on eBay ?

Rethink your business plan I'd say..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

But no name brands or small brands don’t care if you sell there stuff... Even if I want to drop ship so what, I’m all about making money for ME(and providing good quality brands to interested clients)... I can provide safe warehousing space that I have and money to employ people, but I just need authorisation to sell the big brands that are popular items..
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

That makes no sense, you define one category of sales product out there that isn’t overloaded Eg European art or antiques. I don’t have an interest in that stuff nor the money to purchase that stuff.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Ok, so you seem to have no interest in rules in general

Ask so what when experience sellers point out problems

Only interested in making money

And still want to be a big boy?

How do you expect you will get anywhere near ‘retail’ for big brands on eBay at all?

Will you be stating in your listings when you are drop shipping?

What will you do when a buyer wants a warranty?

And by the way, many big brand names DO care (there is ev en a programme set up to prevent such things) and even if they didn’t, you still have the real,authorised re-sellers who care and the eBay bots who pick up key words, including big brand names

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I care about rules , but want the rules to change regarding big brands I wished they changed there rules. I can offer rules. Of course Making money is no 1 care and interest. And yeah I wanna be one of the big boys, but the big boys business models sets up road blocks for upstarts like me. And yes I’d have warranties
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Not going to happen (re the rules changing)

Your rules do not come into it, if you want to sell on eBay

If you ignore those rules, eBay will shut you down in 5 minutes flat, and you will not be able to simply open another account

How do you plan to have warranties?  (real ones, not just words on the listing)

You have to be an authorised seller / re-seller of the product to be able to do that, how do you plan to become so?

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@sydney_2590 wrote:

And yes I’d have warranties

Really ?  To be able to give a valid warranty you have to be the manufacturor or an authorised Australian reseller of that product - which you won't be.

You might as well give up your money-making idea, it's simply not going to work.

Edit. Snap sandy..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply