When do monthly selling limits reset.

menca-3
Community Member

I have finally had my selling limits and in December I sold 34of 80 items limit. 

I am happy and my customers seem to like buying what I am selling. 

But it is now 5pm so after 5.30 pm ebaytime for Australia. 

I have been waiting all day to relist 34 items that my customers want to buy. 

Will this happen today or take up to 24 hours like my listings have been doing to appear in search results. 

If this does not happen today and the listing take up to 24 hours to show up in search it means I have lost two days?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Most of eBay runs from USA time so the new listings reset either the 1st or the 2nd of the month.

But often the new reset may not show and you need to list or relist 1 item then it will show if it has reset.

And when you go to relist if it shows a charge for that listing then you know it hasn't reset yet.

As for items showing, it used to take up to 24 hours to show in searches but these days it usually only takes a few hours.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the answer.
My housemate used to list on Ebay. and he has just told me it works on USA time. I checked on google and it is about 11.20 in san francisco so three quarters of an hour to go.

I have tried listing or delisting an item every two or three hours but no go so far.

If everything is so uniform and consistent with USA I ask why we pay such high fees in Australia and why do offers close right on the stroke of midnight , but we have to wait 18 hours for the new month to start.

The last month it has been taking twelve to 24 hours for listings to show up so effectively we are losing a day on every listing. If I list at 9pm it takes till lunchtime the next day to appear so those checking new listings have gone to work for the day and it means we lose a day in front of customers.

I have been keen to list several new products today as similar ones have sold well. Just another disappointment I suppose.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You're welcome.

I usually just think of them resetting the 2nd of every month, then I'm not disappointed.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

We're in NSW & find that they reset on the 1st of the month at 6pm in summer during daylight saving & 5pm when there's no daylight saving. So just adjust these times to whatever state you live in.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Once you've sold a few things, items will list straight away. In the interim, they can take up to 24 hours to show.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply