Chat with eBay - starting now

The first 'Chat with eBay Staff' discussion is now on, come and chat to us about managing returns on eBay.

The team are on hand until 3.30 to answer questions.

Visit the Chat with eBay staff board.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi just wondering if I could get more listing as I have stuff to sell but can't because I have a limit of only 10 items a month I have sold most of my items that I have had listed but now can't add any more so I was hoping to get more listing
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

First things first, close your store. You are wasting money by having it until your limit is increased to over 100. Anything less than that and it's costing you more than it's worth.

To get a limit increase you can either wait for it to happen automatically, or ring eBay and ask them to increase it. Emailing or leaving a message here won't get it to happen, you have to ring them. It's an each way bet whether they will or not. If they do they may increase it to 30, or 50, or even 100. Be polite to them on the phone and you'll have better results than being demanding.

To repeat, close your store immediately before it ends up costing you a fortune for nothing. You can reopen it once your limit gets high enough.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Close your store immediately - excellent and true advice.

We've recently returned to eBay after a decade or so of being away. We thoroughly (days of research) investigated this option, because we badly wanted our own store and of course it all looks very attractive, until you really crunch the numbers. The work too, in managing a store, can be a bit of an overload. Fees are way too high now as it is without incurring more by way of a store. Oh yes, I know it is said that you will 'save', but that's not exactly the case, especially if you're only selling in small numbers. It will cost you.

We'd love to have a store, but from what I've seen since our return, many things would have to change first. Don't get me wrong, I still see opportunity with eBay, but we're very disappointed, already, with where we perceive things have and are headed. It blows my mind too that eBay don't seem to be listening to the best advice and critique they can get for free, from those at the coalface. 

I feel good offering my two bobs, even though it's probably only worth a halfpenny, after all the help I received here recently.

From someone very new, but not totally lacking in eBay knowledge, I promise you, you'll be much better off without the store, at least for now.

We wish you well. Good luck!

Kindest,

Melina.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Looks like they have closed their store and have probably falled below standard due to bad feedback. They probably can't list anything now even if they wanted to.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hello.

I'm a new ebay seller ,and I have delivered my items to the buyer ,after receiving the item , my buyer want to return it back reason is our title listing not as describe ! 

I would like ebay to step in to help us but I can't find where to make communication with ebay .

Please guide me .

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Not eBay here, just members like yourself, the chat session finished last year.

You would be better off asking this question on the selling boards. 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/bd-p/2500000010?nobounce

EDIT. I see you are in the US - ask this question on their chat boards, since procedures can vary between countries.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply