Item marked as "shipped" but seller says that the item is out of stock a week later

Hi,

I've recently had a problem where I bought an item from a seller and it was marked as "shipped" the next day, but almost a week later the seller contacted me to say that the item is actually out of stock and was never sent. The seller claims that items are automatically marked as being shipped within 24 hours of purchase. Is this true? I can't find any information confirming this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller has purchased postage online then it is correct.....the item is marked as posted immediately even before it is taken to the post office.

Just ask for a refund and buy again when the item is back in stock if you still want it.

Do not let the seller string you along by asking you to wait till it is back in stock.....you may run out of time for a dispute if there is a problem.

cezm
Community Member

Re twyngwyn's comment

If you go down the ad to the item specifics the item number is on the right hand side of the page.
If you provide the item number, members are able to look at the ad and often give advice that pertains to that seller/item

what is the item number?