Misleading information

Is anyone else getting annoyed with getting a message that "your order has been posted" when in fact only a tracking number has been provided? Then it is up to 7 days before it is actually sent.Screenshot_20230517-133845_AusPost[21072].jpg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

It used to be a problem, as buyers assumed item was handed to AP at midnight Saturday etc.  Tracking has since been amended, to distinguish between  postage being initiated (label & tracking number generated), and the item  physically being received by AP.

You get the tracking number when it is generated, and you can check it as many times as you like.

Personally I am more peeved by buyers, who take absolutely no notice of estimated delivery dates, or don't bother actually opening messages "your item has been posted" and reading the contents thereof.

Yes, I'm irked as a SELLER.....I could upload tracking details at midnight, and eBay assume it has been posted....it's been like this for a long time

As in how eBay consider it 'posted' as soon as a postage label is generated by the seller (and marks it as such)  ?

Is the seller actually posting it within their handling time ?