item damaged in post

I have a buyer who told me an item was damaged by Australia Post. I suggested in the first instance that she lodge a complaint with Australia Post. She came back a few hours later to say that she had lodged the complaint and that Australia Post had said the packaging was to blame.  I offered her a full refund but asked if I could have a copy of the claim to pursue with Australia Post. She then told me she hadn't lodged a claim.

She has now left negative feedback stating that I did not take responsibility for the item, which is not true as I offered a full refund and also said I wanted her to be happy and asked her what she wanted me to do (to which I received no response)  My impression was that she wanted to keep the item but for me to pay her a partial refund. She did not provide me with any evidence that it the item was damaged, and it appears she falsely told me she had lodged a complaint with Australia Post. 

Is there anyway I can get the negaitive feedback removed as it is damaging to my otherwise 100% positive feedback. It is also totally untrue. Can ebay knowingly publsih something on their site when they know it is untrue (based on the communications with the seller via ebay):? Does ebay endorse a system where buyers can extrot money from sellers without any evidence of a damage while the buyer also wants to keep the item? Seems extrodinarily unfair!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)