Email scam about ebay no longer accepting paypal.

This morning I received a very clever email purporting to be from eBay.

Telling me that eBay will no longer be accepting payments via paypal and money will go direct to bank accounts.

It looked very authentic with lots of things clearly copied from a genuine eBay email.

Of course it asked me to go to a link and confirm all my details, 'otherwise by 18th June my selling will be suspended. (or words to that effect).

Watch out for this, there was also a link to a video that hopes you will click on, outlining this new way of getting paid.

Everything looked very official.

I'm sure there are some people out there that could be duped by this email.
Just making people aware.

I've not received any emails spoofs from 'ebay' for quite a few years, this is out of blue !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

It is almost certainly genuine.

eBay is progressively moving ALL sellers to Managed Payments.

Have a read on the 'Selling' board.

@papermoon

Nah that's all right paper,

we will just answer their questions when they come back to ask why their accounts have been suspended from listing and they are no longer receiving paypal payments.

It is what we 'useless' people do on the boards. 😋

Always check eBay internal messages to double check, but this email is most likely genuine

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795&st=12&po...

and to gerard.faucher - eBay do not read here and see message 2 by dave.will

Have you checked your ebay messages, rather than emails,  DOH!!

Yes, as already stated it is most probably genuine. I am not a seller, but I have heard that, although buyers can still use PayPal to pay, the money they pay will not go into the seller's PayPal account any more because of managed payments, so make sure you don't miss out if the email is genuine...

I was going to ask if you could let people here know how you were able to tell the difference between this one and the real email, really from eBay about Managed Payments?

People may not be able to tell them apart, so if there was something that stood out about this one, it would be helpful if you could let us know what the specific thing was that raised the red flag

Much appreciated

(did you report this one to eBay?)

Ask a Question
Top Kudoed Posts