eBay Marketplaces GmbH .Has taken $80 out of my paypal account ,For what reason ?

eBay Marketplaces GmbH .Has taken $80 out of my paypal account ,For what reason ?

Is this a scam? 

Any help would be great,

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (47)

Answers (47)

it's ebay seller fees. They take a percentage of what you sell or sold recently, it will always change due to what price you sold the item for, if you cancelled a sale and mark it as sold when it did not, you will also get charged so be careful how you end a listing pre maturely,  otherwise it's calculated on 10% of the amount of what you sold,  thats what this is....it's part of the user seller agreement,  you might want to check your ebay service agreement as it changed in order for them to do this back in late 2018...i would suggest if you have quite a large sum of money in your asking price on your item  to expect a 10% deduction loss of that sale price,

This was changed by ebay to crack down on fake ebay accounts, as well as sellers offsetting their prices towards high postage costs ripping off buyers, now it's all included in the sale price both sale of the item and postage costs,

there is nothing you can do about it,  it's in your ebay seller user agreement terms,

id suggest if you have put a low sale item price with an unrealistic postage cost  ebay is no longer for you as you will now get charged and deducted on that high postal cost.

whatever you sell on ebay will be a 10% deduction fee calculated as a total of the item your selling along with its postage cost .

lannken
Community Member
It’s a seller fee
They took $10 out of my pay pal account as well. I have reported this to pay pal. Just waiting for a response
Taken 60aud all up over 2 installments. They had it set to automatic payment up to a $375000 limit..how the hell??? I immediately canceled the automatic payment schedule and reported this to PayPal
Hi guys, what happened to me today is I was direct debited $121 from my account from eBay marketplace, so I called my bank to report a dispute and they asked me to go to a branch. I went to the bank they helped me to stop any further debiting also sign some paper work to report dispute. Because the money was charged by eBay marketplace so I tried to contact via eBay online help ask them if the money was taken by them, unfortunately it is, they told me they charge two amount of money when you try to sell something on ebay, a listing fee and a 10.9% of selling fee if your item sold. You can find your invoice via eBay seller account or simply take 10.9% out off the total price you sold, that how much you need to pay to them. So guys, be careful listing any sell on eBay lol!
Oh my goodness I am so PEEVED!! eBay debited $163 from my PayPal so bank account and now it’s overdrawn!! And they messaged and told me my only next bill would not be over $14!!! What the hell? This is sOOOOO bad and puts me in such a bad position. This is since the new arrangement they put money in our bank directly instead of PayPal! I wish I never gave my bank details! It makes me just want to close my eBay!!! There is no transparency from them at all about recent fees!! What a flamin mess up! I’m past mad about that. No warning just debit $165 flamin dollars from my bank??
No they just took the money so I've cancelled ebay and I'll cancel pay pal even though it's inconvenient to do so I'm trying to get through to my bank how dare they my ebay fees have never been that much even if I sold some thing valuable
Yep took 65.00 from me yesterday.

ebay are scum and to be avoided, greedy greedy corporation that charges more and more each year for a lousy service.  Go somewhere else to sell your stuff.  Not happy chappy.

When you search for a topic on these boards about an issue, it is best to

1. A) check the date it was first posted.
  2. B) read through the previous replies before you decide to post. There is likely an answer already.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but check your eBay messages inbox. The mail explaining where my $12.49 bill came from was only sent to the eBay message box, not my account email address.

fuzfox
Community Member

Just saw a payment to eBay Marketplaces GmbH  and disputed it with Paypal.

Case closed: Transaction not safeguarded

Case ID: PP-I-10170670
Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction wasn't unauthorised and hence wasn't eligible for Buyer Protection.  We've noted the account changes you've reported with this case.
Case details

Dispute reason

Unauthorised access

Case status

Closed

Date reported

16 Jun 2020

Transactions not refunded
We couldn't provide any refund on the transactions listed.
  • Jun16
    eBay Marketplaces GmbHPre-approved Payment
    - $78.28

Looks like they at some point have managed to setup an automatic payment in Paypal 

You need to check your Settings - Manage Automated Payments - Looks like Paypal have changed this to inactive now but saw a couiple of previous payments for the last couple of years.

Come on ebay and paypal get your act together and stop this scammer it has your name on it 

eBay Marketplaces GmbH $78.28

Last payment on 16 Jun 2020

Status

INACTIVE

Payment method

PayPal Balance

Start date

15 Dec 2008

Billing details

Billing ID

B-22W11702XN666960P

Billing limit

$375,000.00

Total billed amount

$344.27

Seller's details

Description

eBay Seller Fees

Contact information

http://www.ebay.com

Past payments
JUN 162020

eBay Marketplaces GmbH

- $78.28

FEB 162019

eBay Marketplaces GmbH

- $6.88

MAR 162018

eBay Marketplaces GmbH

- $18.16

@dean*wildturkey wrote:

Is this a scam? 

Any help would be great,

Thx

Hi Same here, they deducted fees but ebay chat help was good and helped to refund easily. 

this is hope 

today after 6 phone calls and 12 emails 

i finally got paypal to reverse the charge. 

ebay said that the seller account name did not match mine

and gave me a id number to tell paypal. 

so weather it was human input error or a scam 

i dont know but dogged persistance paid off 

and i got my money back . 

Took 60AUD out of my account with an automatic payment that I am sure I never authorized. 

I'm reporting it as an unauthorized payment in Paypal but would like suggstions on what else I can do. 

Has this come out of your Paypal account, or did you just get an email to say it has?

If you have gotten an email, it could well be a phising scam (is the email in your name, and also in your eBay messages?)

Without clicking on any links, hover over the sender with your cursor, is it really from eBay or is the sender address something else? 

If you go directly to your PayPal account (not by clicking the link in the email, *if* you got one

Does it show the payment taken out there?

If so

Have you sold anything under another id?

Have you signed up to eBay Plus, any offers etc?

Hi

eBay Marketplaces have just taken $49 out of my  PayPal account.  I haven't bought or sold anything so I have just reported it to PayPal and they have done an immediate refund.  It must be some sort of scam.

Anyone receiving notifications about an

Automatic billing if u check it will be made on the same day each year

you obviously don’t remember neither did I 

we signed up for benefits and discounts like $5 off items we purchase three eBay 

it’s not a scam 

I do not sell via eBay so other billing transactions aren’t something I can shed light on but I have read that sellers are charged a sellers fee based on percentage of the price the items were sold for kind of like a services tax 

I have never sold anything on eBay tet today 6 ?Aug/ 2021  ebay Marketplace  sent me an email saying they have taken $48.99.

The only activity other than purchases I can think of was a refund for a faulty autonomous vacume cleaner.

Does ebay class a refund as being a sale

mrmij79
Community Member

A$39 out of my account today. I'm sure its there but I can't recall seeing the mention of this fee when selling.The fact that there are so many complaints here suggest that its not glaringly obvious. I appreciate that ebay is a business and needs to make money but the 10.9% seems excessive, especially for items at the top end. I'll be looking at alternatives to ebay for selling things in the future. 

dsta_6
Community Member

Me too

Confusing

they took 291 dollars fee and paypal also took 100 dollars when i sold 2300 dollars item.  So i lost near 400 selling at ebay !!!

I can not believe what is happening here. I will never buy or sell anything on ebay !!!  and canceling on paypal as well.

kugum88
Community Member
Direct debit ebay marketplace took $122 from my bank account. What is this for? Is it a scam?
gil-au2
Community Member
Me too. They took $40 in my PayPal account. I didn't sell anything in the ebay. I just brought stuff from ebay only.
Hey, do you receive your money back?? I get charge $45 dlls.

Same happening herer. I am not even a seller in eBay. It took $35.83 from my paypal and bank account. Marking as authomatic payment! 

I got a notification from PayPal that Marketplaces GmbH has taken approximately $48 and scheduled to take more. I did not authorise this. Spoke to PayPal and they said that I must have after I told them I didn't. Last message from PayPal was that they have investigated, and closed this inquiry. Also that I need to take this matter up with this merchant. Dodgy and I'm not happy about how PayPal discarded my inquiry.
They took $440 for the only article I've ever sold on ebay. This is not the 1st such deduction. Plus they took a month to transfer the funds after the buyer collected the item sold
dm265
Community Member
It’s no scam ...add up what you’ve sold and calculate 10% of those total sales. You’ll find that GmbH debit will be 10.9% 0f what you’ve sold. eg $1000 Ebay sales will equal approx $100 GmbH !