Promoted Listings Major Problems — Now taking way more fees from us!

Can anyone please explain to me what's suddenly going on with Promoted Listings?
Last month or so I've been getting many sales which at first come up as being organic sales — ie clearly coming up in the seller orders portal showing the sale was made NOT through any promoted listings — and then I print off the order and set about getting ready to ship. Then half an hour or an hour later the sales listing suddenly flips and changes to claim it was through 'Promoted Listings' and now it adds the fees. It never ever used to do this.

On top of this — we used to sell quite a few items in the mix of all our sales that were bought organically, ie without any promoted listings — suddenly now all my sales, like literally 100% are all now only selling with Promoted Listings and I am paying more and more fees to Ebay, but we haven't changed anything on our end — same products, same Promoted percentage rates etc. How many times can Ebay gouge sellers over the years and keep on dipping their hand into the biscuit barrel at seller's expense?

WHY!!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I also find it annoying when the promoted listing fee comes through half an hour after the transaction, I wish ebay would fix this. 

More than half of my sales are made through promoted listings (all my listings are promoted), so I guess I'll have to keep using it to ensure sales don't drop off.

What get me though, is the juggle between choosing a promoted listing rate that works, while ensuring my prices are low enough to result in sales. It's way too complicated for the pittance of profit I make.

Ask a Question