Buyers can't request invoice... WHY NOT?!

This happens every now and then and it's happening again right now. For some reason, buyers can't request an invoice for combined post on several items (after doing a BIN, but not yet paying) and I'm not able to send them an invoice either.

Other times, buyers are 'required' to pay immediately for each item + full post without being able to combine. Even though I do NOT have that set as a requirement.

How do I deal with this, what should I tell buyers to do? Also, why does eBay make it so hard for them in the first place?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rounda, that's a load of rubbish.

kustom, it is the ebay system trying to become more automated and many buyers are not aware of the cart.

A buyer can put items in the cart and if listings are set up correctly it can discount postage.

Or the buyer can request a total before paying using the cart.

Unfortunately many sellers' listing have been opted into immediate payment reducing the number of non paying cases raised on the system.

I suggest having a spiel in the description about adding items to the cart and requesting a total before paying. You can then send an invoice with revised postage costs.

Having said all that, the cart and IPR function often have problems as well.

eBay changed software programmers some time ago to a cheaper service.

Had a request for postage quote yesterday, for bulk lot of promoted item.  gave a quote and told the buyer to request an updated invoice before paying.  Buyer stated could not proceed as planned as immediate payment required.  Just wondering  if it had  anything to do with items being a promoted listing.   Anyway got arround it by doing up a bulk listing with discounted post and forwarded link to the buyer,  they got their discount and I did not have to pay promotion fees, everyone won except ebay, so  apparently they are not very good at money grabbing.

because ebay collects more final value fees on higher postage (when the buyer pays 3 lots of postage etc)

That is why - it really is money grubbing at the very worst - given that ebay gets buyers to rate sellers on Postage, when ebay itself is the biggest postage pirate going!