I had an item for sale and someone 'purchased' it, but never paid for it, so i cancelled the order.

I had an item for sale and someone 'purchased' it, but never paid for it, so i cancelled the order. now ebay is charging me the ebay selling fee for this item, and it didnt sell. 

How do i contact them or stop them from charging this fee, as that is totally not reasonable. 

View Entire Topic

rose_hill_21, like Padi and Enigmabear, I don't hold out a great deal of hope that you'll be able to stop eBay from charging you the Final Value Fee for the cancelled order. It isn't very clear, is it?

Give it a try at any rate. eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Explain what happened; explain that you are not experienced and that you thought that cancelling the order would automatically result in final value fees not being due. Be very polite no matter what happens.