New buyer without any rating

formuza
Community Member

Hi Ebay community,

I just sold an item on 3/3/2024 and happened that the buyer was registered on 3/3/2024 without any rating. The buyer has paid but do I take the risk new buyer without a rating?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Interesting question from someone who only has 1 feedback rating themselves.   Should they have bought from you with only 1,   when do you consider someone trustworthy.

Have you bought anything on eBay?

If so, what was your rating the first time you bought?

Buyers can only be given positive feedback, so even the worst buyer in the world will have 'only a positive rating' no matter how long they have been a member

Totally your choice if you honour the sale

But you will get a defect if you decide to cancel

Was it a high value item that would be something likely to attract scammers?

Is the buyer in Australia ?

If the item is expensive and you want some peace of mind, you could send it registered (requiring a signature), even if it costs you a bit more.

Otherwise, as already said, we all have to start, and if you cancel the buyer could give you negative feedback.

Go back to 2020 - that was you.

Indeed you do - pack well - send with proof - and just hope it turns out well - that's eBay.

arctoph_49
Community Member

If you cancel and the buyer gives you negative fb, it won't be good, as you don't have much fb either, so it is probably better to avoid annoying the buyer.

Everybody must start somewhere, as everybody else has said.

Every one of us probably bought our first item without any rating.   As Sandy said your choice but I think you are being a bit rude.