Promoting listings and eBay's sneaky behaviour!

Please read entire post to the end as it is most likely going to benefit alot of eBay sellers out there!!!

I think most sellers feel that eBay needs to Stop charging Soooo Much For Fees and this newish feature about  Promoting The listing! It's Highway Robbery!

Especially When I Noticed if I Didn't Promote My listing I Couldnt Find my listing in the General Search For That Type of Item and Could Only Find It if I Spellt it Wrong!!

Also Noticed my item was Put Into a Different Category By Ebay that it Shouldn't Be In and Wasn't Logical!!

If a Blog/Online Chat Page happens to Get Created on Google by "someone" about eBay Doing This To All Sellers, There Will Be AAAHHlot of Angry eBay Sellers Out There!!

I'm sooo angry about being charged so much in fees and more to the point,  about the fact that eBay is doing this sneaky stuff to sellers with basically forcing us to promote our listings or they simply don't sell or take weeks or months!!

I have one listing a Living Dead Doll that I refuse to promote as I'm losing enough money on the it as it is..

it's a brand new item and a very popular product and is priced very competitively (cheapest brand new one on eBay for that particular item) 

I have had it listed for approximately the last 6 to 9 months with exactly the same views and watchers as it has had since approximately a month after I first listed it..

Pretty sure this is highly illegal what eBay is doing and Im seriously considering getting legal advice from my lawyer!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Well I read it to the end, what a waste of time that was.

Nah, was going to explain how to use promotions to your benefit, but figure it might be just another waste of time.

Just a PS.  I found 2 cheaper living dead dolls on Ebay.  But please don't tell your lawyer that.

I'm confused,  what do you expect sellers to get if they pay for promoted listing, still to be listed below your items.   

It's like complaining for paying cattle class tickets on an airline and first class ticket holders get better seats.

Ebay fee's are ectually quite good.  Unless you go to Market place or gumtree. which are ''free'', if you are happy with the scammers.

You not liking something or thinking things that apply to everyone else should'nt apply to you does not make it illegal 

It says a lot about you though

And nobody from eBay is going to read your comments

Best go get your lawyer onto things stat 

eBay won't charge as much as your Lawyer. lol

It's not illegal.

Good luck with your lawyer.