Upon What Basis Can You Cancel for "Problem With Address"?

Yesterday evening I received a small order and paypal payment for 7 items totalling some $20.

It is the buyer's first ever ebay purchase, at least under this ID.

His ebay & paypal address is "29 XXXX Street, (XXX Suburb), (XXX State) (1234 P/Code).

Google says this is a "Relocatable Home Park" attached to a large retirement village.

I have this morning messaged him asking for a unit number or other unique identifier for his particular residence, but have not yet received a reply.

I am not particularly concerned about taking the punt on losing the stamps/money, $20 is insignificant to me in the larger scheme of things. It would, of course, be b****y annoying, but I'll survive.

However I am concerned that if it is a rort, and he claims that he hasn't received it (or even if it genuinely does go astray because of the inadequate address), it may affect my DSR and feedback ratings; I have noticed discussions on this forum where rorters seem to have used this either as a deliberate pre-emptive weapon and/or out of sheer malice.

My question is, if he fails to satisfactorily answer my query about the address, am I justified in cancelling tomorrow (my posting deadline) on the grounds that there is a problem with the address?

View Entire Topic

I've had similar addresses for large retirement parks and been told all mail is dropped at the main office and distributed from there.  Do you know of any caravan parks where the postie goes around every unit and drops off mail?