Upon What Basis Can You Cancel for "Problem With Address"?

Yesterday evening I received a small order and paypal payment for 7 items totalling some $20.

It is the buyer's first ever ebay purchase, at least under this ID.

His ebay & paypal address is "29 XXXX Street, (XXX Suburb), (XXX State) (1234 P/Code).

Google says this is a "Relocatable Home Park" attached to a large retirement village.

I have this morning messaged him asking for a unit number or other unique identifier for his particular residence, but have not yet received a reply.

I am not particularly concerned about taking the punt on losing the stamps/money, $20 is insignificant to me in the larger scheme of things. It would, of course, be b****y annoying, but I'll survive.

However I am concerned that if it is a rort, and he claims that he hasn't received it (or even if it genuinely does go astray because of the inadequate address), it may affect my DSR and feedback ratings; I have noticed discussions on this forum where rorters seem to have used this either as a deliberate pre-emptive weapon and/or out of sheer malice.

My question is, if he fails to satisfactorily answer my query about the address, am I justified in cancelling tomorrow (my posting deadline) on the grounds that there is a problem with the address?

View Entire Topic

Am I justified in cancelling on the grounds that there is a problem with the address?

Of course, if you feel the address is incomplete.

It is possible the centre management receives all the mail and they give it to the residents.

I think the problem with addy reason can be used whenever circumstances are that the buyer won't confirm any details before posting.