10000 Free Listings Offer Would this be InBreech Of Ebay Rules

If I listed items at $100 and a Best Offer Accepted say $10. Would I be in breech of Ebay rules?  I have checked the terms on this offer and cannot see anything that says I cannot do this..

Paddy

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

don't think so....same as listing @ $100 then revising the price later :0
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

It doesn't Work with revising the item Tried it and when I revised the item I was charged an Insertion Fee.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
I think you are preoccupied too much on saving money as opposed to making money worrying about this stuff. This strategy will cause you to lose sales which defeats the entire purpose of being a seller. JMO
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Spot on.

There seems to be a cargo cult fetish with free listings these days.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Saving Money is making money. I like to save as much as I can. eBay offer these offers it is our privilege to use them as best we can. Some users do other things like opening another store to get extra offers. Whats the difference to what I wish to try?? I only asked a question and get abused for what I asked I don't think that's the way to help other sellers. I like to give advice as to how to help sellers. But when i have a suggestion i get run down. tstore and davewil1964 I think you are out of line..... A question asked Abuse given.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

So do you have to list at a $100 start price to receive the free listings? and if so I wouldn't think that you could have Best Offer as an option can you unless the listing price was say $150 and then best offer was accepted at $100?

I'm with you as I'm all for making money that's why I only use the free listings.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes I listed 3 items Fixed Priced and tried revising 2 of them but on the revision I got charged an insertion fee. 1 Is still active at $100 with Best Offer so far...for 30 Days Have not tried Auction at this time.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@crowsman53 wrote:

Saving Money is making money. I like to save as much as I can. eBay offer these offers it is our privilege to use them as best we can. Some users do other things like opening another store to get extra offers. Whats the difference to what I wish to try?? I only asked a question and get abused for what I asked I don't think that's the way to help other sellers. I like to give advice as to how to help sellers. But when i have a suggestion i get run down. tstore and davewil1964 I think you are out of line..... A question asked Abuse given.

I beg your pardon? Where is the abuse? Your issue seems to be that some answers didn't suit you.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
"Saving Money is making money"

List 10 items with your strategy at $100 and best offer

Then list 10 items for $10

See how many sales you get. My point is what is the point in saving 5-10 cents when you are not going to make sales. The whole point of being a seller is to maximise sales and MAKE MONEY not to save a couple of bucks with strategies like this. It is completely counter intuitive what you are trying to do.

I provided you advice; no idea where I 'abused' you ....

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply