10000 Free Listings Offer Would this be InBreech Of Ebay Rules

If I listed items at $100 and a Best Offer Accepted say $10. Would I be in breech of Ebay rules?  I have checked the terms on this offer and cannot see anything that says I cannot do this..

Paddy

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: 10000 Free Listings Offer Would this be InBreech Of Ebay Rules

I think you are preoccupied too much on saving money as opposed to making money worrying about this stuff. This strategy will cause you to lose sales which defeats the entire purpose of being a seller.

tstore

I asked a simple question would I be in breech of eBay Rules Thats all I asked not a run down of what I should do. I'm working as to how I can save money and make money so if you cannot answer the question straight up dont bother.

davewil1964

Your Reply "Spot On" is just as bad you agreed with tstore again I only asked a question is it within eBays rules not what should I do.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@crowsman53 wrote:

I think you are preoccupied too much on saving money as opposed to making money worrying about this stuff. This strategy will cause you to lose sales which defeats the entire purpose of being a seller.

tstore

I asked a simple question would I be in breech of eBay Rules Thats all I asked not a run down of what I should do. I'm working as to how I can save money and make money so if you cannot answer the question straight up dont bother.

davewil1964

Your Reply "Spot On" is just as bad you agreed with tstore again I only asked a question is it within eBays rules not what should I do.

Get over yourself?

i reiterate that the fetish with free listings is worrying, as it is a relatively new eBay initiative, and anybody who bases their business model on getting same probably has issues that ocassional free listings won't address.

As far as your Op is concerned - try. If you are knocked back, it is against the rules. If successful, then okay. No need to start a thread about it, unless you are advertising.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

crowsman, I agreed with tstore as well (or at least, gave the post a vote of confidence, if you will, via kudos).

I do get the whole "a penny saved is a penny earned" thing, really - I often take advantage of how fee listing offers work so that I can get the best value out of them, but at some point the cost/benefit ratio doesn't make the effort worthwhile. Where that point is is probably up to each individual, but it's like those people who drive an extra 10ks to get a few cents more off the price of petrol - by the time the round-trip's done, they would have been better off (financially and time-wise) buying at the local petrol station, and you do have to think about the impression a $10 item listed at $100 or best offer is going to give prospective buyers - none of them will know you're prepared to accept 90% less from a glance, and many could think it's an out of stock item with a grossly inflated price to prevent sales. 

For those that do click on the listing, it will probably be difficult to convey how you want the listing to work because wording anything to do with offers often results in listing cancellations and policy violations (unless you have buyers already in the know, I suppose). 

A penny saved is a penny earned, but sometimes it's more valuable to spend that penny because the return is higher.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply