150 Free Listings starting tomorrow 17/2

It appears I'm first for once.

Just got an email from Ebay, link http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2664 (the usual number) offering 150 free listings from 17/2 - 26/2.

Worked on the account that got the email, other account said 'by Invitation Only'

Will keep trying on the second account just in case...

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

I actually disagree with your thinking on this.

In January I accepted the 100 free listings, and then a few weeks later 150.  I've been running between 100 and 150 listings continually, and was still able to get this new 150 free.

Message 51 of 55
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

$20 to you might be easy to find but after all the bills are paid, I'm lucky to have a spare $20 per month, so a store or two is not an option. I know the people I sell for can't afford it either. I don't even charge them anything for my selling service and I never will.

I wish it wasn't so hard to do the right thing helping people out.

if having a store would benefit your selling then open one store, list the items for other people on that store, and spread the cost across the people you are selling for.  If you are selling for four people then that would only be $5 each, which could come from the profits they make from your selling of their items.  Seeing as you are not charging them for your time and effort they should not begrudge paying $5 extra per month, and having the store may well save them more than that per month in fees which would mean more $ in their pockets anyway.

Without knowing exact figures on how many listings and how much is left after fees and postage, the comments I have made above may be relevant or totally out of kilter with your circumstances.

If the items you are selling for others are only making a tiny amount for them per listing and they couldn't afford to help with store costs, then one has to wonder how worthwhile it is for you to continue selling off items for them.

Message 52 of 55
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I actually disagree with your thinking on this.

In January I accepted the 100 free listings, and then a few weeks later 150.  I've been running between 100 and 150 listings continually, and was still able to get this new 150 free.

in my post that you replied to I actually said "eBay often dish out 'free listings' to those that don't list often in an attempt to get them to become regular sellers", and this comment was referring to eBay inviting members to take up the free listings offer.

Have you received the invite for all those free listing offers you have had or have you accessed them via a link provided by others on these boards? 

If your IDs haven't received the invites and you access them via links provided by others then that would support my original statement.

Message 53 of 55
Latest reply

2 out of 3 were invites.

This latest one I opened google and typed in the promo code (not copied/pasted), as stated in an earlier post on this thread, and I was accepted.  

So from my point of view, it's not just about  "eBay often dish out 'free listings' to those that don't list often in an attempt to get them to become regular sellers", otherwise I wouldn't have received the first two, and I don't believe I would have been accepted on the third.

I have also tried on previous occasions to access promos via the links and mostly been rejected.

Message 54 of 55
Latest reply

It's been happening for so long you'd think they'd have fixed it by now. Ah, good old ebay, however won't complain about anything free.

Message 55 of 55
Latest reply