2 items purchased at same time meant to be sent to 2 different addresses

I've made a mistake and am trying to find the best way to fix it.

A buyer purchased 2 items at the same time and wanted them sent to 2 different addresses which I missed.

Both items arrived to the purchaser but now she wants to know what to do with the second item.

I'm happy to refund the postage as I stuffed up,however is there anything else I am meant to do/ should do?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well you are supposed to send to the address specified in PayPal, no exceptions.

So if the buyer didn't pay for the items seperately and changed the address in checkout, then you have done things correctly.

It's really the buyer that should have purchased and paid seperately if they didn't.

Up to you if you offer to refund the postage.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, kat18587,

As you have made an error, your first concern would be how to ensure the buyer has the best possible remedy offered by you.

Perhaps offer the cost of express postage to the buyer so that they can send the item on as quickly as possible, plus offer a discount voucher for their next purchase?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unless the buyer bought and paid separately, changing the address in PayPal for the second purchase, then your "remedy" is completely unreasonable. It would be good if the OP came back to specify whether the items were puchased together or separately, because depending on the answer, depends on the advice given by the sellers here.

As Kopes mentioned, if the buyer bought the items together, then requested one get sent to a different address, then the OP has done the right thing. If they were purchased separately, with the buyer changing the address for the second purchase, then yes, the OP should compensate somehow.

As for the question the OP's buyer asked "what do I do with the second item?". Here's an idea, post it to the person it was meant to go to!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

*tippy*toes*, I did think that the poster was saying that this is exactly what the buyer did - purchased two of the same items, at roughly the same, in two separate transactions.

kat18587 said "I stuffed up", which made me think that was the case.

If you're right, then absolutely - what I suggested would in that case be unreasonable.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply