2 smiliar items, both sold, sent wrong one

Hello

I had 2 similiar items sell, both by 2 different buyers, both paid............but i realised tonight I sent one the wrong item today.

What i have done is contacted both of them and are waiting for replies. One I said i sent their item to someone else by mistake and apologised. Told him i have contacted the other person and asked them to return it and I would pay them the return postage. Also told him I would refund the postage cost to him as well and would post it as soon i received it back

Then i alkso offered him a full refund as another option, i realised it could take 2 weeks in a round trip to get back to me and it may never arrive back which is why I also offered them a full refund as well

The other bidder who I did sent it to, I asked them to return it and I would cover registered postage ($40 item)

Have I done all I can for now or what else can I do? What do the experienced sellers do in a situation like this?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

2 smiliar items, both sold, sent wrong one

I'm pretty sure you aren't the first person to this - I have, and won't be the last.

If you don't receive an email reply from them in the next couple of days, I would phone them.  I have found the buyers I have rung for various reasons, appreciated the call, but guess some won't.  If their phone nos aren't on their address details, you can get their contact details from eBay, or check white pages.

The couple of times I have done this, buyers have been great and sent the correct item on, and I have reimbursed them for the postage.  That way each buyer would recieve item quicker. You are very generous, offering a refund.

Others with more experience may have other suggestions for you - Good luck with it all!!!