3 Free Relisting - good or bad?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that since this feature has come in, sales have slowed?

I'm not getting bites at things that would normally sell well.

I'm wondering if it is because the urgency of placing a bid is gone cause buyers know that if it doesn't sell it will most likely reappear again and again?

Certainly when I look up items in completed listings it seems a lot of triple listings of same items with no sales.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I sell heaps on the 2nd or 3rd time.....probably gets a different audience...so, don't know whether it affects urgency....but most of my listings are 'auction'
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think most buyers think too deeply about it.

Sure there may be those that wait to see if the price is dropped on the relist but don't think it's due to the 3 freebies.

On the other hand, with the 3 free relists there are of course more items listed than normally, more competition.

That combined with a growing number of internet sellers.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

On my auction style listings account not too many of my items don't sell by the end of the third re-list. Those that don't get moved over to my BIN with BO account where they sit on 10 day listings until they run out of freebies. Anything that doesn't sell by then goes in a bulk lot on FB.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
since i lost my 3 free re-listings box and had to pay extra to upgrade my store and pay for some listings my sales have skyrocketed.
This is based on roughly the same number of listings

not sure if its a coincidence but im not complaining

there may be some truth to your concern (or its just a coincidence)
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

maybe just the market. buyers won't you added the 3 free relist
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

buyers won't see that you added the 3 free relist on your listing
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply