3 Stores and not 1 sale in over a week

We have 3 different stores and have sold NOTHING in over 1 week. Our Products are very cheap compared to others selling similar items. But 3 different srores and not 1 sale. We List new items almostly daily and still nothing. What is going on with eBay? Have the lost the plot? We (Store) Owners are paying for a service. and eBay keep Restricting, Limiting our sales. They tell us sweet FA but still want their money. 3 months ago they took 2 cents from my Bank account because my Paypal account was 2 Cents short. Anyone tried eBid yet? love to know the results. Sick and tired of eBay Restriction, Fees, MBG and a lot more

Paddy

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@davewil1964 wrote:

tongue

Thats what I expected from you

Paddy

Message 21 of 69
Latest reply

Can't you just hand it to them the next day at work?. 🙂 Sorry DG I have nothing better to do....

Message 22 of 69
Latest reply

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

tongue

Thats what I expected from you

Paddy

I don't expect logic from you, and you don't disappoint. If I WAS a moderator, none of your posts would still be here. Luckily the moderation is outsourced and they are neutral.

Message 23 of 69
Latest reply

DG

eBay read every message in these forums as Dave and others know. Posting replys like that well you are putting your foot in it like Dave. I personally dont think it would work. eBay only want our $$$$ and Restrict/Limit Our Sales. eg. I have an account which ended 15th July 2016 Payayle by 30th July and with Paypal automatic payment.. There are not enough funds in that Paypal account to cover the Fees but rest assure eBay will turn the lights on on that account so as they get their $$$$.

Dont worry about your open letter it will not be listened to

Thanks All the same

Paddy

It most likely won't be listened to, but I work on the theory that a subtle seed is always worthwhile planting, even if it doesn't sprout for a long time. 😉

I can see your frustration, and I'm genuinely sorry to see you (or anyone else) become faced with situations like this, even if temporary, because I'm a seller too and things aren't always going the way I want or expect them to, either; and because I wish there was a constructive answer, a set of things to try that just work, but eBay (retail in general, even) just doesn't want to work that way. 

The only things I can think of to suggest, which you may or may not find appropriate, is to try playing with your prices a little (i.e. increasing them a bit). Being the cheapest will often draw sales, but sometimes it can deter people, as well - it's a subconscious impression thing, in that people generally assume something that is more expensive is somehow better (in quality, condition etc), and for collectible items that may sometimes be making the difference - some people will think that a "mint" condition item for say $5 is more believable than the same item from another seller, same condition for $2. Astute buyers may investigate further, look at feedback for a track record etc, others will just make a split second decision and actually opt to buy the higher-priced item. 

Message 24 of 69
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Can't you just hand it to them the next day at work?. 🙂 Sorry DG I have nothing better to do....

Too many forms to fill in and get stamped. 😛 

Message 25 of 69
Latest reply

We have 3 different stores and have sold NOTHING in over 1 week. Our Products are very cheap compared to others selling similar items. But 3 different srores and not 1 sale. We List new items almostly daily and still nothing. What The ***k is going on with eBay? Have the lost the plot? We (Store) Owners are paying for a service. and eBay keep Restricting, Limiting our sales. They tell us sweet FA but still want their money. 3 months ago they took 2 cents from my Bank account because my Paypal account was 2 Cents short. Getting really P****D off them. Anyone tried eBid yet? love to know the results. Sick and tired of eBay Restriction, Fees, MBG and a lot more

Paddy

I suggest you consider with respect other members as the language in you post is something I and many are not accustomed to.

It is not the first time this ID and the others you have, have been involved in becoming contraversial from the lack of emotional restraint.

All those whom know the true meaning of freedom of speech, also know there comes a responsibility of refraining from crossing lines.

There are ways of expression that far more convey points of view, gaining respect as the facts are presented in a knowledgable, succinct and empathetic manner.

Should you not agree, then you will and have perhaps been suffering the consequences of your past actions, with attitude being a very important part of social communications.

And this could be one of the reasons for your opening post.  3 Stores and not 1 sale in over a week

Food for thought.

(Keep in mind I have been considered very insightful and conservative at the same time) (That's a hint BTW) Smiley Wink

image host
Message 26 of 69
Latest reply

0 Brownlow Predictors in your listings = 0 sales. Start raiding servos and 7-Elevens for boxes of AFL cards. 🙂

That said, there is pretty much nothing else worth selling in AFL this year - Teamcoach were ordinary and Select's commons aren't worth the card stock they are printed on (also, their quality control staff seemed to be looking the other way, I've seen so many damaged/badly cut, badly laminated/bubbled and off-centre cards it's not funny, and that doesn't even count the brand new packs straight out of fresh boxes which have had cards with bent corners).
Message 27 of 69
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
0 Brownlow Predictors in your listings = 0 sales. Start raiding servos and 7-Elevens for boxes of AFL cards. 🙂

That said, there is pretty much nothing else worth selling in AFL this year - Teamcoach were ordinary and Select's commons aren't worth the card stock they are printed on (also, their quality control staff seemed to be looking the other way, I've seen so many damaged/badly cut, badly laminated/bubbled and off-centre cards it's not funny, and that doesn't even count the brand new packs straight out of fresh boxes which have had cards with bent corners).

I have already sold 6 Brownlow Predictor Cards on eBay, I have 3 more on another site. Brownlow Predictor Cards Average For me $40- $150. As soon as I list them they are sold within a few days. I also sell Vintage Cigarette Cards some dating to the early 1900's again selling on another website averaging $35 - $60 for complete orininal sets. The cards I mentioned are only some of what I sell. eBay restricts sellers as to what they can sell, there is no doubt about it. It looks like I can get a better price on the other site and a lot less fees No Restrictions/Limitations so far. I am Just peed off with the service eBay supplies for the fees we supply to them. I am slowly down grading our stores 2 are already closed and more or less just running them down. The card store I will hold a while longer incase eBay have a change of mind but I doubt it

Paddy

Message 28 of 69
Latest reply

if i'm an ebay employee i'm owed at least a years back pay.

Message 29 of 69
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I sell about 50 items per month. I have sold 5 today.

We (this store owner) is reasonably happy with how it's going. If I wasn't I wouldn't be here.

Please don't lump all store owners into the unhappy category unless you have surveyed every single one of them.

Sorry just to clarify... you sell 50 items a month yet you only have a 82 feedback rating and 59 items listed?

Am I missing something?

Do you have other accounts?

Message 30 of 69
Latest reply