30 day returns / No returns

5kazam
Community Member

A few weeks ago I posted about the proposed changes to returns policies.

I was advised by members much more knowledgable about eBay to bulk change to no returns, which I did.

I'm relisting quite a few items that ended today, and I noted that eBay has amended my no returns to 30 day returns.

So this is just a heads up for others who have changed to no returns to double check before relisting anything. 

A super-large challenge for some I know, but you don't want to get caught with a buyer wanting to return something on day 29 when it's been worn, used, broken, etc., because we all know which side of the fence eBay is on.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not trying to five finger discount your thread Kazam, but I wonder if it’s got something to do with what I noticed last night? I was tired and meant to check it again today and post here about it, but I forgot until I saw your post. 

Anyway, I just wanted to check my returns policy, but couldn’t get in there to do it and got some sort of message that in affect advised me that I couldn’t change or amend. I couldn’t even get in to have a look at it. Then I noticed a tab to the right that said, ‘Opt out.’

So, what is happening here do you think? What have I been summarily opted into? I’m thinking it might somehow be related to your issue.

Melina.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Quite honestly I wouldn't know anything about the 'Opt Out' situation.  I'm sure others will have some info on that.

All I was doing was relisting unsold items, which is when I discovered the 30 day returns.  I was actually changing the listings from auction to BIN, so was obviously re-listing them one at a time.

I checked my current auction listings, and they are showing no returns - which is what I did in bulk a few weeks ago.  I also checked the ones I was going to relist without making any amendments, thinking maybe changing to BIN was the problem - but no, all had been changed to 30 days.

So the way I'm seeing it, if you bulk re-list, even though having previously opted for No Returns, eBay is defaulting everyone to 30 days, which could potentially have some not so desirable results for sellers.

And I can just hear the CS people saying 'but you chose 30 day returns, nothing we can do about it!!

Pretty bl....dy sneaky IMO.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply