A Wing and a Prayer

...is about where we’re at with our inventory.

I’m quietly confident and far too excited that the sell is on. We already have the order and have set aside a good proportion of our pre 1980 items, and the man will be here in the first week of December, but only for two days instead of the week, so its going to be full on stressballs all round.

Agreeing on price in such monster numbers is always hard and so stressful it’s debilitating, so please wish us luck that this is truly the last time.

I’m wishing our lives away and can’t wait to be in the second week of December and if it happens I’ll be black and blue with pinch marks 🙂

Melina.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A Wing and a Prayer

good luck Melina

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

You've worked very had for this. May everything work out for you!!!
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

A situation many of us wish we had to contend with !  Hope it all goes well (and it will) .

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

Is this the same Sth African gent coming back again ?

image host
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

I wish I knew what you are talking about....

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

clubesquire has a large stock of high end quality pipes for sale and as I understand a gentleman is flying in from OS to make a very substantial purchase order.

Hope I got that right Melina. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

Oh sorry!! Yes, that’s right Kopes. It feels like only yesterday I first wrote about this, but time has got away a bit.

We’ve had a bit of good fortune along the way with a fellow from Japan as well, but by golly, we worked very hard for it. It involved hundreds upon hundreds of pics from every which way. Not an easy one. Oh, there would have been over 1,000 I’m sure and a hard drive melt down in the middle of it. And a lovely Aussie bushman from a little place not too far from us up here, Allora. I think I’ve spelt that right.

If we can get this across the line we’ll probably re-brand ourselves, go for a store, and start reducing all the other ‘stuff’ we’ve collected over some 59 odd years - all currently taking all the precious space in storage in what is supposed to be a garage for our motor cars .... lol.

And thanks for your well wishes. It’s lovely of you. Fingers crossed, but it does all look right.

Melina.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

I have to admit, even I felt a twinge of excitement for you Melina when I read your posts. Such exciting news and I truly hope it all works out for you. I trust you will still visit the forums occasionally when you are lying back, sipping your Martinis in the Bahamas after the big sale.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

A Wing and a Prayer

Barry gets a bit cross with me, but I can’t keep secrets .... lol.

But, we’ve got lots n lots of other ‘stuff’, so we’ll give a store a shot for a while I think, and see what happens. Sales are slipping here a bit though I think. We’ll still have enough pipes to keep us going for awhile anyway. There are some that he has no interest in.

All progressing nicely 🙂

Melina.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply