A buyer has scammed me on ebay and received a refund but now won't return my designed handbag

I have been fighting to get my Prada crossbody bag or my money returned to me for the last two and a half months.

Please see the records of the conversations I have had with Ebay and the buyer. You refunded the buyer on their false claims and I straight away appealed the decision as I know the item I sent was in excellent condition and as I suspected their is some sort of scam happening. I have had the return postage funds in their account since12th August and sent them multiple messages to send me the tracking details of the return. Paypal has advised that the email address that they have given me to put the return postage fees in has not been activated. They have my expensive bag and refund and I cannot find anyone to help me with this!!!!!You were quick to take their word on something and with them having no records or other dealings with Ebay yet their was no consideration given to my 100% feedback on everything I have sold through Ebay. I need either my money refunded or my bag returned!!! Sellers have just as many rights as buyers and Ebay needs to sort this situation out. So far there has been nothing solved with your service team and I find this appalling. PLEASE have someone contact me asap to have this problem rectified.The situation is in effect that I have had something stolen through your website and you are doing nothing to help me!!! I have been told twice that I was to receive a refund and then I was told that the person I spoke to will need to have counselling regarding the reply. I am at my wits end and so stressed over this situation! In the hard times we are in I cannot afford to lose $700 and my family are really struggling with this economic blow to us. I have been totally transparent with eBay the whole time and I need to have this issue revisited again. I have attached the email verification that the buyer sent me but unfortunately it won't let me attach the Paypal screenshot saying that the account hasn't been verified. PLEASE can someone help me.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A buyer has scammed me on ebay and received a refund but now won't return my designed handbag

eBay neither read nor reply to board posts.

The only people here are other members, and we can do nothing.

The perils of selling expensive goods overseas, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

RAISE A PAYPAL CLAIM UNDER SELLER protection   if they paid via paypal and you have a tracking number and can prove it was sent.    The tracking will not be to important here as buyer has told ebay their got the goods so that a bounus...    

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It would seem the buyer is claiming not as described.

Different kettle of protection, and not one that eBay or Paypal cover.

The problem is that eBay should not have refunded the buyer until and unless the buyer returned the item.

I would suggest the FOS, or whatever it's called these days, but eBay explicitly state that the T&Cs of the site the buyer purchases through are the ones that apply. Presumably the buyer is in the US, so Australian law would not apply.

The OP could research the US policies for SNAD returns, which might give them an in as far as leverage on eBay Australia is concerned, but I suspect it will require a significant investment in time and hair.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Email the buyer & inform them that you're looking into completing an on-line report to the FBI for cyber crime (if the buyer is US) if you don't receive your money or bag back. I'm presuming it's genuine.
I'd also send a copy of the email to ebay

I did this many years ago with a US company that was extremely tardy in sending goods that had been paid for over 3 months & not sent. They also wouldn't answer my emails.

My items were sent the very next day after my email to them...so I didn't have to fill out a report. (which I was willing to do!!)

If the buyer is not US - google & see who to contact in the revelant country...

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It gets worse in 2021!

Ebay has cut paypal out altogether, in Australia at least.

Now ebay holds sale funds as a stakeholder, says the funds are available then sends the money to your nominated bank account at their leisure.

When the 'not as described' scam happens ebay just gives the money back to the buyer and, you guessed it, they keep the item that they have falsely claimed was damaged.

Not even stating that pictures form part of the description in the listing will help you as a seller - no matter how perfect the photos show the goods to be.

Anthony

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply