A way to boost feedback ?

I just made a purchase and received this as feedback - 

A+ Ensure you leave feedback for our random monthly draw for a purchase refund.

Not a bad idea but not sure it crosses the line on policies.

And wonder if you can still win if you leave a neg. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your random monthly draw is random and monthly 

Hey, they did ask to leave feedback for their random monthly draw Cat Wink

bad bear,bad 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I just made a purchase and received this as feedback - 

A+ Ensure you leave feedback for our random monthly draw for a purchase refund.

Kopes, you should reciprocate with a negative that says

Happy to revise once I win your random draw for the purchase refund!

But I jest...

Spoiler
...or do I, hmmm?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

I thought the same. (Ensure a draw win refund for a random feedback revision)

Gee we are wicked aren't we.

I don't think it contravenes rules except if members complained, eBay may inform the seller not to continue with it.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

It skirts the line of feedback extortion, but technically doesn't quite qualify:

The seller can't:

Refuse to send the item or refund the buyer unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
Tell the buyer that they can't use a warranty included in the listing unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
Offer monetary compensation, like a partial refund, to the buyer in exchange for positive Feedback or revising negative or neutral Feedback.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

Taking eBay;s policy literally, if they had said "ensure you leave positive feedback..." the case for extortion would be a bit stronger. 

Personally, I would steer clear of any seller who does stuff like this, they are essentially running a raffle, but not offering any means of verifying winners, so it can easily be just something that's said, but never done. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It is essentially a raffle, as you say, so are they required by law to get a licence to run it? It'd be interesting to see whether they get more feedback because of it.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

it wouldn't stop me buying from the seller but a random raffle wouldn't be what made me rush to give feedback. They need to pop a flyer into the purchase that adds a bit more eg See our facebook page for more bargains & for details of our raffle. Then a little video each month, drawing a ticket.Smiley Happy

They wouldn't be able to name the winner but on the ticket they could show the item ID number.

I've seen other businesses (most especially a Tupperware saleswoman) run the idea of a raffle & I've never had any suspicion it wasn't legit because it is so transparent.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply