ABN removal from my account

I asked ebay to remove my ABN from my account on 30 June 2017. They told me they don't know how to do it and would get back to me. I've sent a msg regularly but I haven't had any updates for a couple of weeks now and as far as I know it hasn't been removed. Is anyone having the same problem or have any suggestions on what I can do to get this removed. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Not sure but if you have selected "Business Account" this may have something to do with it. Try amending your ebay account from Business to Personal and then this may remove the ABN.

I have not tried this but I know when I changed my ebay account from Personal to Business it gave me the option to add ABN. So changing to personal may remove ABN??

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I am not certain but I think you cannot change a business account back to personal.

Latest reply

Maranock is correct.

image host
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply. I am still trading as a business but I want to pay gst and I need to have my abn removed so ebay will charge me the gst every month.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Are you registered to pay GST?

You are not required to pay it until you earn $75,000

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Adding to that stawka there are benifits if you have applied your ABN to eBay regarding GST registration.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Only thing I know is, if they have your ABN they won't take the GST 

OP seems to want to pay it.

I wouldn't mind paying it,  cos that means I would be  earning 75 grand  Image result for smiley not a chance animated  As if........

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Why on earth would you want to pay any more GST than you have to if you are already paying it?

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

If you have an ABN but are not registered for GST then you have to pay the GST.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply