AP is having an auction for unclaimed postal parcels

This is for those who have lost postal articles.

I just heard on the radio that AusPost is having an auction for unclaimed parcels tomorrow Nov 8 at 9am - 980 items.  Evidently a lot of people don't put return addresses on their mail. 

Not sure whether I am allowed to say where it is, but it is at the auction rooms in Box Hill, Victoria.  In case this post gets stripped, if U watch NCIS it's that girl with the scientific tests downstairs.

Maybe that's where all the parcels end up that go walk-about.  The woman said that AP keep the articles for 6 months before they go to auction - with the experience I've had I doubt that.  

In case someone has lost a parcel, there's photos included, interbiddotcomdotau/abbeys/

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: AP is having an auction for unclaimed postal parcels

yeah, currently have a missing parcel containing sticks. That's right, sticks, little pieces of wood. Actually it's driftwood and my customers like it.

I'd love to see the face on someone opening up that parcel. Imagine if someone stole it and found sticks inside!!!

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@peridot55555 wrote:
... if U watch NCIS it's that girl with the scientific tests downstairs.

LOL most excellent, and appropriate, clue ......

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hey Guys,

All the proceeds go to charity. Did anyone happen to make it down and snap up some goodies?

-Rory K
Australia Post eBay Team
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I watched a bit of it online, was shocked at what most lots went for, much higher than what I would have thought (particularly with the 20% BP). Good for charity though ๐Ÿ™‚ Mind you I didn't make it past about lot 200, maybe things cooled down a bit towards the end of the 900+ lots when people got bored or ran out of money lol.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

snap up some goodies

That is a bit glib for someone from AP, these are items that have got lost in the AP system (probably only a small number of all those that get lost) and actually belong to someone.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply