ARE Sellers paying Pay Pal commission for Ebay Tax collection

Ebay are collecting sales tax on my sales to the US and New Zealand  ,Its added and taken out automaticaly but i do see the tax amount on the eBay  and Pay Pal invoices. As my items are paid through Pay Pal , I am  paying money to PP in the form of a commission and international transaction fee for their service, so are they also charging me a commision of the sales tax amount sent to Ebay

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Dunno, I don't do foreign transactions.

You should be able to work it out by what the Paypal fees are. If the charges are on the total transaction, including the tax, then 'yes'.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Interesting. Both ebay and Paypal are double dipping as usual, at our expense.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I'd be surprised if you actually receive the tax component. If you buy from overseas the tax component comes out of the total amount and goes to ebay's GST account, not the seller. I see no reason it wouldn't be done the same way when overseas buyers pay tax on items bought here.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Brer, it was announcd just recently that there was going to be a change in the way ebay collects and remits the GST.

In future the selers will receive it from the buyer and then ebay would automatically take it back and remit it to the ATO.

I predicted at the time that there woud be an outcry from sellers.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know where it was announced but I got no email and there's nothing in the announcements section.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I believe a link was posted in a thread.....I did not take a lot of notice as I am not a seller.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply