Accept Buy Now from Bidder "B" or must I wait for response to a counter offer I made to Bidder "A"

I have an item listed with both Buy Now and Make an Offer options available. I received an unacceptable offer but responded wioth a counter off which has not yet been accepted.

My listing is still running,  Can I therefore accept a Buy Now bid from Bidder "B" which would automatically end the listing, or am I obliged to wait for the acceptance or rejection of my counter offer to Bidder "A".

Note: This is an hypothetical question. I do not yet have a Buy Now bid.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Accept Buy Now from Bidder "B" or must I wait for response to a counter offer I made to Bidder "A"

If someone clicks the Buy Now then the item is sold. That's the chance that buyers take when they make an offer instead of purchasing at the Buy Now price.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Till the buy now is used or you accept an offer any offer can be accepted or buy now purchase can be done and once you accept an offer or the buy now option is used the item is then sold and any other offers or counter offers are cancelled.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@soldaustralia wrote:

I have an item listed with both Buy Now and Make an Offer options available. I received an unacceptable offer but responded wioth a counter off which has not yet been accepted.

My listing is still running,  Can I therefore accept a Buy Now bid from Bidder "B" which would automatically end the listing, YES or am I obliged to wait for the acceptance or rejection of my counter offer to Bidder "A". NO

I've given the short answers in green above.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If someone clicks the Buy Now then the item is sold. That's the chance that buyers take when they make an offer instead of purchasing at the Buy Now price.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Till the buy now is used or you accept an offer any offer can be accepted or buy now purchase can be done and once you accept an offer or the buy now option is used the item is then sold and any other offers or counter offers are cancelled.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@soldaustralia wrote:

My listing is still running,  Can I therefore accept a Buy Now bid from Bidder "B" which would automatically end the listing, YES or am I obliged to wait for the acceptance or rejection of my counter offer to Bidder "A". NO

I've given the short answers in green above.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Just a suggestion....

If you make a counter offer state that "this offer is valid for x amount of time". This would help as some buyers don't reply to a counter offer if they think it is more than they want to pay.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

sewells_of_victoria

When the counter off is made the buyers are advised of the time limit to respond to it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply