Accused of offering outside ebay

Anyone else been accused of offering I sell outside ebay when you hadn't? I had a seller that kept getting an error message on an item when she went to pay. I gave her advice from ebay itself on what to do. Never offered to sell " outside ebay" but now this warning saying I did? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I received an email from ebay a month ago in a roundabout kind of way say thanks for directing the buyer to purchase the item before collecting.  

Would be nice if the favour was returned and they did not direct buyers away from my listings with sponsered adds from the competition. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, many have received warnings even 7 day suspensions.

It's usually just the automated computer system sending these out after it's picked up something in a message.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

get a bunch of listing numbers together of listings with the phone number and/or the sellers address right in the description and ask them why they pick on you for nothing even close to that - Answer >>>>>watch the movie Dumb and Dumber and the 2 main characters for an example of ebay  staff requirements

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Enough to put you off replying to messages. So restrictive 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If there is a hint of breaking the rules in their message I just say it is against rules to contact before purchase and then answer question.

After sale i say thanks for buying and here is my phone number. (oops i said phone number>> Suspension coming)

It does seem though the safest way to give contact details is in the listing description - as they are not stopped at all it seems.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, a buyer sent me their phone number, and eBay blocked all my sales for an entire week!  I would only get a customer pickup maybe once a month or two.  Not a very business savvy move on eBay's part. 

I spent the week working on my website's SEO and google advertising, so I can seen things moving in another direction for me now.  Thanks for the initiative eBay. Man Happy

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply