Ad said local pick up only, buyer bought from other state

as the title says, i had an ad for a guitar amp that specifically said local pick up only (i live in queensland and he lives is hew south wales) i woke up one day to see he had purchased it and is now asking me to ship it. he did not accept the cancel request and paypal will not allow me to refund him.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I didn't realize that a buyer had to accept a cancel request?

I thought a seller had to accept a buyers cancel request before it gets canceled 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

For future reference, use 'problem with buyers address'. The cancellation will be automatic.

I would get onto Live Chat, direct them to the ad, the fact that the buyer requested cancellation, hasn't paid for shipping. Be polite.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Incorrect. A buyer can only formally request a cancellation within an hour of purchasing. For most options, the buyer gets a choice as to whether to accept of reject.

They obviously see the OP as a newbie and are trying to con them into posting for 'free'.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You don't need to ask a buyer to cancel - just do it yourself.

When you select the reason for the cancellation, just choose "problem with buyers address" in order to avoid a defect.

Also, add him to your Blocked list.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

When you select the reason for the cancellation, just choose "problem with buyers address" in order to avoid a defect.

I said that 2 hours ago. However, the OP obviously selected a reason that allowed the 'buyer' to reject the request, so now we are working towards getting eBay to agree. The Paypal issue could be with withholding of funds, which is why getting eBay to process the cancellation would be the best bet.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply