Addicted to Selling Manager

Hi group. I am addicted to Selling Manager. There is just a constant need to refresh to see if anyone has checked out my listings... or if there are any new watchers... or any bidders... is my title right? Oh, there's an error in the listing, better fix it... why won't anyone bid? Let's see if changing the duration will help, or maybe the price, no it's too low... but I don't want it to sell for that low... but I want it to sell... why isn't anyone even viewing the auctions? Wonder if my results are even showing up. Do the eBuyers hate me? Screw them! No... I will stick it out... and so on and so forth.

Think I'm going to do 1 day auctions at what I consider the peak day, once all of these finish. Honestly, when no one is bidding or caring about the auctions, it just seems to disheartening and it's way too addictive to keep checking back. It's amazing how some sellers do so well. I really wish I could have their success but it don't come easy.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks, georgiajake2010. It's alright, though.

Message 41 of 54
Latest reply

Quote of the day...

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

- Joseph Heller: Catch 22

What is time? Sorry I have had a few more........

Message 42 of 54
Latest reply

I was interested in the comments about a buyer not noticing any revisions, however hopefully if it came to a dispute, a seller should be able rely on ebay's advice to buyers:

Note: A seller may have revised the listing to make clarifications or enhancements. If you want to see what the revisions are, click the View all revisions link on the Description tab. If you are watching the item, review the listing again before you bid on or buy the item.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/about-view-item.html

I know one seller whose buyer accused him of changing the description AFTER HE HAD BOUGHT,  which is just plain silly, but what can you do?   Buyers leave negs and neutrals all over the place these days just because they can, it seems to me.   Very unfair.

Message 43 of 54
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

the odd occasion I have sold. I spent a lot of time making sure everything was correct the first time. That way no revision has to be made = more time the listing is veiwable in a search = more chance the item is sold.

Its like the old measure twice, cut once rule

Message 44 of 54
Latest reply

the odd occasion I have sold. I spent a lot of time making sure everything was correct the first time. That way no revision has to be made = more time the listing is veiwable in a search = more chance the item is sold.

Its like the old measure twice, cut once rule

It's a good philosophy. Sometimes, though, even after checking the listing twice, you spot something that could be changed. I'm a bit particular now about making sure my listing is accurate to prevent problems post-sale.

Message 45 of 54
Latest reply

How is telling you that eventually you will get a neg or your sales will be effected illegal?

PJ has never said that a buyer shouldn't check that an item has been revised ot nor, PJ just said that some buyers do snipe so may be annoyed after they receive their item.

You asserted that if a buyer left a neg ebay would remove it. Unless the buyer intimated in the feedback that they were unhappy because of a revision there is no way ebay would remove the feedback, all they need do is be unspecific about why they are not happy and it will remain.

As to the items not being searchable that information is freely available in ebay.

So to repeat what Coops said, You'll learn soon enough, one way or another.

As I am not an Australian citizen I will ignore your implied threat.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 46 of 54
Latest reply

Ummm - what the? ?:|

I suggested that you can either take our advise or not take it.

Everyone learns eBay in their own way. Some learn from listening to advice, some learn by experience, some are really slow learners, some lap up everything they can... but we end up learning things one way of the other.

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply

I am now totally confused.

Clearly what Coops said was that if you continued to continually revise listings so they werre periodically not searchabke and if you thought a buyer could not leave you a neg that would remain no matter how much you protested then you would learn, one way or another, that you were wrong. In other words your sales would be down and you would get a neg sooner or later.

How is that a threat, how is it advising anyone to breach ebay policy, how is it illegal in any way, shape or form.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 48 of 54
Latest reply

Just some advice and please don't take this the wrong way, but if you want more success in your listings, you might want to try selling things that people want/need

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 49 of 54
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The scammer removes it in the last seconds of the auction,(so it appears as if it was removed after it sold and if T & S investigate,they see nothing wrong).

Or in this case the seller who owns the account spots that their account was hijacked and ends the listing,(looks like they haven't reported it to T & S,so hopefully they at least changed their password).:O

At least the Email is still there,so when T & S get around to checking it out they'll spot it,:-D

Message 50 of 54
Latest reply