Adding a combined postage note to all my listings at once

Hoping there is a way to do this as I have around 1800 listings.

I have had a double negative left by a buyer who went ahead and paid for his two items before I could combine them - long story short, he would rather leave a neg than negotiate a refund, and save a packet.

Is there a way to add the same note re "Please request a total from us before paying so we can combine your postage" on all my listings at the same time ... or do I need to add it individually to each listing?

We have it mentioned on our FAQ page in our store, but most customers simply purchase what they are looking for, without ever going to the store itself.

Or am I just better off biting the bullet and paying for a template?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a bulk edit feature in ebay and there may be one in the store as well. (I don't have a store to check)

Also if you have used turbo lister I believe bulk edit can be done there.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Don't you just love those sort of buyers (NOT).  That said, there are many reasons why they may have paid separately, I'm not sure about the current phone app, but until very recently, with the old app, the buyers had no choice.  I'm sure someone with more knowledge than myself will come along with some advice, but for what it's worth, for ages now at the very start of my descriptions I have had a note re combined post, but as has been discussed in other threads, many buyers do not seem to read the description - so in an attempt to overcome this & highlight the issue further, someone cleverly suggested adding a note as a photo & since adding that to most of my listings I have noticed an improvement to the number of buyers paying up before receiving a combined post invoice.  The only problem with this method is that I don't think we are actually allowed to have photos with writing Smiley Surprised, but I have had them on my listings for about 8 months now

ssshh-ssshh-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000358-large.gif

All that said though, depending on how much the overpayment is, before posting I either refund the overpayment & notify the buyer or offer them an extra item/s to the value of the overpayment.  Relatively easy for me though as I'm only a small seller, for a large seller like yourself, you may not even notice the same buyer ordering multiple items.

Also, on that note, if the orders were posted separately, then really the buyer had no right to leave to negs, so perhaps a phone call to CS to ask they be removed would be in order - if you can be bothered wasting your time & energy with no guarantee of a positive outcome.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

There is a bulk edit feature in ebay and there may be one in the store as well. (I don't have a store to check)

Also if you have used turbo lister I believe bulk edit can be done there.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Don't you just love those sort of buyers (NOT).  That said, there are many reasons why they may have paid separately, I'm not sure about the current phone app, but until very recently, with the old app, the buyers had no choice.  I'm sure someone with more knowledge than myself will come along with some advice, but for what it's worth, for ages now at the very start of my descriptions I have had a note re combined post, but as has been discussed in other threads, many buyers do not seem to read the description - so in an attempt to overcome this & highlight the issue further, someone cleverly suggested adding a note as a photo & since adding that to most of my listings I have noticed an improvement to the number of buyers paying up before receiving a combined post invoice.  The only problem with this method is that I don't think we are actually allowed to have photos with writing Smiley Surprised, but I have had them on my listings for about 8 months now

ssshh-ssshh-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000358-large.gif

All that said though, depending on how much the overpayment is, before posting I either refund the overpayment & notify the buyer or offer them an extra item/s to the value of the overpayment.  Relatively easy for me though as I'm only a small seller, for a large seller like yourself, you may not even notice the same buyer ordering multiple items.

Also, on that note, if the orders were posted separately, then really the buyer had no right to leave to negs, so perhaps a phone call to CS to ask they be removed would be in order - if you can be bothered wasting your time & energy with no guarantee of a positive outcome.

What a brilliant suggestion.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of buyers who don't think about buying more than one item from a seller. e.g. two shirts in one 500g satchel , rather than one. It benefits the buyer in that the cost of postage per item is usually significantly reduced, and it benefits the seller too, as we pay less FVF if the postage is combined. But even if the buyer does purchase more than one item from you, they still pay two invoices because they haven't waited for a combined invoice. But I think I might just try your suggestion MB.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Good luck with it eggles, hope it helps.  I have come to the conclusion that if there is any little thing I can do to help the situation, no matter how small,  I will give it a try, even if it only helps a few buyers it's worth it.  I must admit I started adding the sign/photo very gradually in case I got a big reaction from the powers that be, but nothing to date Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, just letting you know that if you do upload a message via bulk listings, you are unable to remove it later via bulk. I added a "my store is stocktaking from......bla bla bla" (my holiday settings was on aswell, but some buyers don't read that, so I though I would cover all bases), went to remove the message in bulk, Nup. Rang ebay, they said their technical team haven't made that feature possible, so I had to manually remove each one. However, that was last year, they might have fixed it by now.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

We contacted our account manager who had the negatives removed - but will look further into the bulk listing (hadn't seen exactly what I needed last time I looked).

Now having issues with GPS ... see my other post Man Indifferent

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Glad to hear the negs were removed, great news Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply