Advertising in Organs/musical instruments

fba724
Community Member

Sirs, 

I follow the advertisements for Musical Instruments/ Organs regularly but recently the category is filled with advetisements for :

Game keyboards, computor keyboards etc that have nothing to do with music.

Do you think that a separate category should by struck for this product. Some if not all certainly should be in the computor section.

Regards

FBA 724

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, fba724,

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

I agree that the Musical Instruments categories are a mess. I'd never have thought to look for disco ball party light effects under Musical Instruments (even were I likely to look for such things).  There's no way to separate chin rests and replacement strings for violins, for instance, from the actual violins themselves. Stickers and stands abound in the piano keyboard sub-category. Oh yes, it's a mess.

Unfortunately, eBay are not interested in suggestions. I quote from eBay's Unsolicited idea submissions policy:

At eBay, we appreciate comments from our members on our products and services. But we have a long-standing policy of not accepting unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or proposals.

However, if that doesn't put you off, you can contact eBay with a category suggestion anyway.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay representitives do not read these boards, we are just buyers and sellers like you.

There is an option to report listings that are in the wrong catagory. You will find the 'report item' button on the right hand side of the listing if you scroll down a little, then choose the one you need.

Latest reply

There are categories for those.

But unfortunately a lot of people list things in the wrong categories.

And eBay can't vet millions of listings, especially as eBay is mostly a computer program with very few people.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply