Advice on couriers..

valdoe
Community Member

I am fed up with Australia post.

They seem to be making more profit on my item then I am.

I made a $10 profit on an item and all my items are packed in a satchel and on average weight between 1 to 2 kg

Using C&S calculator I charge according to what it says. . but in the very fine print hidden amongst a sea of type is a clause saying they may cube the parcel, which I believe do not know that.

One parcel I sent today said it cost $20 but when I went to the post office costed me $25. I cannot lower my postage because my competitors are even charging less.. no they did not bump up the price of the item.

I have come to think they may be using couriers.  

I checked fastway and yes they are cheaper but they do not deliver outside cities.. eg they service the Sydney Area but if you send a parcel to Bathurst area they do not cover the area.

I looked at TOLL DHL Star Track Express TNT Toll as per ebay notice.. but will I run into the same problem?

Execpt Fastway the other couriers do not have prices showing on their sites.

Could people that use couriers give me help.

Can you advise who I should be looking at and who to stay away from..

Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Advice on couriers..

They seem to be so new that they have had no customers at all as far as I can see.

Any seller who takes a chance on them would have to be very trusting....would you like to think the Joe Blow down the road will be delivering your parcels with no experience at all?

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply