Advice on how to sell Aboriginal art

natlive_99
Community Member

So I would love some advice / criticism about my art n how to promote my art and get help we're do I start?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Read up on selling in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just had a look at your 2 listings - and can say I like them.

Do more - list in catagories - not only art paintings - home decor - decorating - etc etc - spread your wings far wider.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@natlive_99 wrote:

So I would love some advice / criticism about my art n how to promote my art and get help we're do I start?

First you should read the reply on your other thread.

You have been provided with very important information.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As a buyer, here is what my impressions are.

On the good side, you look very genuine because you allow pick up as an option.

Your prices are very reasonable and the size of the paintings is good, as I can see it would fit in a lot of homes.

If I were you though, I'd get my photos round the right way. Not sure if it is affecting everyone but I am on a computer and many of the photos are showing as sideways to me.

Buyers will want to have a close look before they buy, so having plenty of photos and having them the right way round will help.

Also, I don't know if this is  necessary or would help but I think the title is important. You already have the words, Aboriginal art paintings, original and that is good (though I would change it to painting as you are only seling one painting at a time in the ads).

I think that word original is important. But I have noticed with some other Aboriginal art that the paintings have names and I don't know why, but that always appeals to me and maybe it will to other buyers too.  So eg you could have a title such as 'Turtle Journey" Original Yorta Yorta Aboriginal painting. If there is room, add the words by Dillon Devine.

At the moment, with zero feedback, you look very new to people looking. It does not mean you are not a good artist, just that you are new and people don't know yet how reliable you are.

Maybe if you had some smaller art pieces as well that you could list at a slightly smaller price, you may get some sales that push up that feedback score.

When you do sell, be sure to wrap the parcel carefully and post off quickly so you have some happy customers who might leave good feedback.

I think once you have some sales, that might help to make more sales, if that makes sense. But do consider giving titles to your paintings.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

PS as I have run out of time to add to the other post.

In the 'Butterfly Dreaming Time' ad, the delivery date just says 'varies'.

In the Turtle Journey ad though, it gives clear expected delivery dates, which are better.

I think it is just a matter of you learning your way around the ebay listing format, but working out a postage time frame will be better so buyers know roughly when to expect their item.

Next, look at the item specifics. I noticed that Butterfly dreaming was listed as Art Deco period (1920-1940), but it was produced 2020-now. It definitely isn't Art Deco style so I would get that out of your listing as you don't want any possible confusion as to when it was painted.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply