Am in desperate need of help.. EBAY WILL NOT HELP...

Hoping someone can help me find a resolution... I have been an ebay seller for over 10 years.. and have always conducted myself in a professional manner... HOWEVER..I had a problem in September, where 3 people lodged disputes saying they had not received their items, so a refund was provided... NOW...EBAY ARE NOW PUTTING A 21 DAY HOLD ON MY PAYPAL FUNDS.. 

I am so distressed... this is my main form of income, and now I have over $1100.00 OF MY OWN MONEY ON HOLD.. My items I send are suitable to be sent in a small padded bag, so I just buy stamps, so I can send any purchases at anytime.. so am unable to provide a tracking number... I am now in financial difficulty, as ebay is my main source of income, and I have sent countless emails to ebay, and have not had a satisfactoy response.. Now my seller account is restricted, as my fees are outstanding.. but I have emailed ebay and asked them to take the amount owing out from my paypal account.. but I seem to get nowhere..

Does ANYONE have any advise on how I fix this??

Lyn

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

If PayPal is just holding funds because you are trying to withdrawal over $1000 then it's a standard process by them. They will ask you to upload photo id to prove your address and all and once you done that, they will release your funds and you can hen withdrawal. I been only withdrawing once a week and it's always over $10k in eBay sales so it's ok
Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
No my point was that the funds should've been out before that. They say they rely on that income but left $1100 in PayPal where it's useless unless shopping online. The fact that the OP would've had ample opportunity to withdraw at the time of payment and didn't suggests it can't be that urgent. If the funds went in after the restriction then I'm hoping the goods wouldn't have been sent.

Why would anyone not send with signature? $3 extra that the buyer pays. Then there's a lot less chance of being in this position

The OP sold 141 items in the 21 days up to Monday when they posted here.  They were priced between $7 and $14 so they'd easily add up to $1,100, which means that before the hold happened they HAD already withdrawn all their funds.

To stop selling because the funds were held for 21 days would be financial suicide for many people.  At least with the hold the money would be available at the end of the 21 days, but if nothing was sold there'd be no income at all.  The hold wouldn't go away just because they stopped selling - it'd still be there when they went back to selling, so better to keep selling and trade your way out of it.  Eventually they would have proved their reliability and the hold would have been lifted.  It's just unfortunate that the OP didn't come here as soon as they couldn't access their funds to pay their ebay fees.

If we all added $3 to our postage to cover reg'd post, many of us would price ourselves out of the market.  The OP sold a lot of items for $7 with free postage so how many do you think they'd sell if they increased the price to $10?

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

go to your local justice of the peace, write down how you sent the items, justice of the peace signs. you fax paper work to paypal, you now have a legal document, if your buyers do not provide any proof. the $ should be released straight away, ask paypal for a form to be sent to you as you are going to fax a signed document
Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

A Stat Dec is not much good without documentation to back up what the OP says in it.

The JP is only witnessing the signature, not certifying the validity of the statements in the document.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply