An Effort to Alert Buyers

The problem is getting the message across to buyers.

They do not 'attend' these forums.

I am adding a message - with the understanding - most buyers do not read - to each & every one of my listings.

I am lost for another solution..

In each package sent I include a flyer with info on the  item etc will be adding this to the flyer.

Just alerting one buyer is an improvement on the current situation.

I am asking all for improvements to my message - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: INFO FOR BUYERS

We as Buyers are having a decimating impact on Australian Sellers

The newly introduced 'defect' system ie: the Detailed Seller Rating Stars are now a great part of the Feedback System.

These ratings if not an honest reflection of a sale will see your favourite Australian Sellers disappear from eBay.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

When purchasing do as you would do if in a store.

Do not just go by the 'pic' read the description - all you need to know is usually there.

This will help you if your item is not as described & save a lot of time & effort in having to return the item usually at your expense.

Ask a question - before buying - communication is not only expected from the seller.

Consider the postage costs & time - if the postage seems too high or the time stated for posting does not suit you - do not buy.

Sellers do not control the postal system anymore than they control the weather.

Consider the Seller's previous Feedback - always a good indication of the experience of others.

Keep in mind purchases from China are cheap but expensive to return with proof of posting for PayPal protection.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Test
Message 41 of 73
Latest reply

I made a purchase from a Chinese based seller.  I got an email this morning notifying me of the dispatch and delivery time frames for all major countries.  Included in the email was this line.

"If there is a little delay or you have any dissatisfaction, please have more patience and feel free to contact with us first via EBAY MESSAGE before leaving neutral or negative feedback or open cases for us,which WILL DO GREAT HARM TO US."

No doubt an automated message which gave me a bit of a chuckle.  But I'm not going to 1 star them just because they asked me to consider the situation.

I think it's fair to say that they too would be feeling the pinch.

Message 42 of 73
Latest reply

You would expect that from the Chinese.Smiley Surprised

Message 43 of 73
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Hi Helen, I would feel affronted to be be told that "You & I"(which is what your first line says) are killing 1 in 10 Sellers.

Think it was We.

More inclusive than simply 'You' are decimating.

Where you get the killing 1 in 10 Sellers from  absolutely beats me.

OED:

Decimate : 'Destroy a large proportion of''.

So please do not be affronted.

Message 44 of 73
Latest reply

The word decimate derives form the Latin dec which means 10 and while it has come into use as a way of descrribing inexact large numbers, it originally did mean (and is still accepted as meaning) the destruction or elimination of 1 in 10 or 1/10th of something.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 45 of 73
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

You would expect that from the Chinese.Smiley Surprised

Heh.  I don't know about that, but I would expect it from people that are trying to fight against the behemoth that is eBay.  And lately that's quite the common topic amongst many threads here.

Message 46 of 73
Latest reply

I 100% agree, but i'm not so sure or convinced that this is the way to go about it.Smiley Happy

Please let my know if you get any responses to your flyers.

Message 47 of 73
Latest reply

robinsonmarineparts wrote: 

Please let my know if you get any responses to your flyers.

helen5839 is doing the flyers.

Message 48 of 73
Latest reply

See I would not worry about getting such a flyer, although something a bit shorter and to the point might be better appreciated.

As a buyer I wouldn't mind a note explaining the ebay system, what to look for etc.

I know some wouldn't, and some wouldn't bother reading it, but it's not going to affect how I rate a seller.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 49 of 73
Latest reply

That's perfect. To the point.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 50 of 73
Latest reply