Any ideas anyone regarding Promotions Manager email ?

I must be my own worst enemy.  I receive this invitation email and get all excited !

(Sorry, can't get it all in one screenshot, but this gives you the idea)

Protion Manager email.png

So off I go all excited and create a Promotion, then wonder, after waiting 24 hours why it doesn't appear to be showing on my selected items.  In Manage my Store or wherever it is, the promotion is showing as 'Active".

Mmmm, off I go & check the fine print and find this  :-

Anchor Stores only.png

Why send an Invitation email with such an exciting offer to a Basic Store then ??  So deflating - but why was I allowed to activate the offer and why now is it showing as active, but I can't see it on any of my listings ?  I feel like I've been cheated !!  Smiley Mad

Anyone else had the same bad experience ?

In re-reading the fine print, and before noticing it was Anchor Stores only, I did notice it only applies to BIN, so to put the record straight - I applied the promotion to a particular Store Category & had revised several items to BIN only as I also have Make Offer on 99% of my items.  Initially I thought that may have been my problem.  Thank goodness I didn't go through all the listings and change them !

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I know beggars can't be choosers since there were no fees involved, but it's a little disappointing the Sale items don't show as such until you actually click on them, so unless a buyer does so, they will not even realise the item is on sale Smiley Sad

I wonder would it be worthwhile and/or allowed to add something in the store banner temporarily, that way at least if a buyer goes to the store there's a clue to the fact you have sale items . . . . . . . . . .

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

On your store home page there's usually a link for sale items, or there always used to be.  I'm not sure about the new store format and haven't really looked for a while.  Buyers have to know it's there though, and that it'll bring up all of a seller's items that are on sale.

@mbselections00 wrote:

I know beggars can't be choosers since there were no fees involved, but it's a little disappointing the Sale items don't show as such until you actually click on them, so unless a buyer does so, they will not even realise the item is on sale Smiley Sad

I wonder would it be worthwhile and/or allowed to add something in the store banner temporarily, that way at least if a buyer goes to the store there's a clue to the fact you have sale items . . . . . . . . . .

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

On your store home page there's usually a link for sale items, or there always used to be.  I'm not sure about the new store format and haven't really looked for a while.  Buyers have to know it's there though, and that it'll bring up all of a seller's items that are on sale.

Thanks englishrose.  I have the old store format, but there doesn't appear to be a standard link anywhere - do you have to create the link yourself ?

Once you bring up one item that is on sale, then there is a link to go to all items on sale - but seems too airy fairy to me to be relying on buyers clicking on an item first to be aware of the sale

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I got the email and set up the promo but I am still being charged the FVF (and the discount is being applied to buyers). In the terms it does say it can take up to 60 or 90 days to get the credit though.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I got the email and set up the promo but I am still being charged the FVF (and the discount is being applied to buyers). In the terms it does say it can take up to 60 or 90 days to get the credit though.

Yay, glad to hear someone is getting results, that's great news.

Hahaha, yes I did read that & thought to myself, (assuming  I get some results !) I must remember to look out for the credits !!  Had a horrible feeling it could become one of those things that would up being overlooked Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

I had one item I sold that qualified but the discount wasn't given to the buyer

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Buyers need to add the items to the cart for them to get the discount, which is why I think one of my customers didn;t get the discount

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Uh oh - and who will wear the feedback resulting from a 'bad buying experience' - eBay - never; more likely the Seller, thanks to a system error !?

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Uh oh - and who will wear the feedback resulting from a 'bad buying experience' - eBay - never; more likely the Seller, thanks to a system error !?

Ebay told me (and I think I remember reading it in the terms) that the item/s need to be added to the cart first to qualify for the sellers promotion. It does say it in the lisings as well but I can definately see it ending badly.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

With it running at 60 to 90 days for a FVF credit, I would not touch it.

Seems is a cash grab for instant sales fees increase after ebay n paypal split.

With ur sales values down overall pay wise and still paying the fees

and then waiting for the refund...no thanx. needs to be instant FVF waiver.

Not too mention they chasing 1 to 20% discounts n offering 5% FVF waiver

and seems similar to the duopoly reverse auction where they get the

suppliers to auction off compete with discounts for placement in searches.

This is after all the other forms of paying for placement in searches.

End result, everyone discounts down, sales revert to normal proportion

but everyone loses profits except the suppliers n sales landlord in this case ebay.

Didnt like the part about free at present either.

That and a lot of customers hunt through pages n pages n fiddle with the search

options, so they find all other listings anyway. They are now used to the

changes done recently to ebay search n listings placements.

But this recent promotions thing seems just the new way to divert customers

to those anchor stores, who temporarily will get some more sales but then

the proportion of sales will revert to normal again.

Also that FVF waiver is only temporary. So those anchor stores will revert to

normal pricing anyways.

And customers these days r more warry n pick n chose n hunt n are use

to playing on ebay to find things. So will navigate around the promotions

especially once they are only a promotion by name

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply